Continuing problems with the telemetry link between race control and the cars means the drivers will lack real-time updates from the FIA about the track.
The limitations will be the same as they were in Australia and Malaysia: drivers will be without the red, yellow and blue cockpit warning lights, the Safety Car mode in the cars will not be automatically activated when needed and teams will not automatically receive blue flag warnings when one of their cars is about to be lapped.
It also means the FIA cannot automatically disable DRS in the cars in the event of wet weather conditions or a yellow flag situation in a DRS zone.
2013 Chinese Grand Prix
- Alonso voted Chinese GP Driver of the Weekend
- Fun or artifical? Mixed views in China Rate the Race
- F1 fans’ 2013 Chinese Grand Prix video gallery
- Top ten pictures from the 2013 Chinese Grand Prix
- 2013 Chinese Grand Prix weekend in Tweets
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty