Rate the race: 2013 Chinese Grand Prix

2013 Chinese Grand Prix

Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, Shanghai, 2013What did you think of the today’s race? Share your verdict on the Chinese Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 Chinese Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (1%)
  • 4 (2%)
  • 5 (4%)
  • 6 (10%)
  • 7 (24%)
  • 8 (36%)
  • 9 (16%)
  • 10 (5%)

Total Voters: 896

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

265 comments on Rate the race: 2013 Chinese Grand Prix

1 4 5 6
  1. gDog (@gdog) said on 15th April 2013, 4:36

Terrible. That was a time trial not a race.

2. Trido (@trido) said on 15th April 2013, 5:28

I was a big fan of DRS and less reliable tyres. Especially after Monza 2010 where Vettel ran all but the last lap of the race without a tyre stop. But I must admit that I am really starting to tire of this manufactured on track action. The DRS was too powerful in China as Brundle said and Whitmarsh said the drivers are 100% in conservation mode from start to finish meaning that no one is anywhere near the limit. The champion this year won’t be the person who was the fastest, but whose car was the best on its tyres and the driver who could nurse them the best.

And the situation in the start of Q1 and the first 2/3 of Q3 was pathetic and itself brought the sport into disrepute. If the FIA want more exciting races, then they should limit the number of sets for the race (Maybe 2 of each?) but either allow open or greatly increased numbers for Practice and Qualifying that are forfeited prior to the race.

For all of those reasons, I couldn’t give the GP any higher than a 3 even if it was exciting. And I never would have thought I’d long for the Bridgestone years. As as someone on here said, I don’t blame Pirelli either as they are doing what the FIA asked them to do.

3. Njack (@njack) said on 15th April 2013, 5:37

5/10. Double DRS zones made passing a formality, soft tyres were bordering on useless, not much of interest other than Ferrari’s race pace.

4. smifaye (@smifaye) said on 15th April 2013, 11:24

A good race ruined by poor DRS zones. It was far too easy and for anyone who isn’t a big F1 fan, it makes overtaking look so easy, and in relative terms it is. I gave the race a 6 as we saw some good battling and some interesting variations of strategy which made it very difficult to read but the battles were ruined by the two DRS zones. The longest straight in F1 should not need a DRS zone to make overtaking possible.

5. Have do say after that race I am way more exited about the motoGP this weekend than I am the F1… and it used to be the other way round :(

6. dev_IanT (@dev_iant) said on 15th April 2013, 14:57

Overtaking far too easy – I agree with all the negative comments about DRS. Quite like the tyre strategy stuff, however.

7. DaveD (@daved) said on 15th April 2013, 18:55

The more I think about it, the more I wanted to down rate this one. The tires were the race, and nothing else as I’m not seeing evidence of skill, but rather a parade of old women protecting their tires.

8. allstars (@allstars) said on 15th April 2013, 23:47

yeah “Poor” Quali,,bit better lol , defo great begining to race and 100% ending to the race with Vettel and Hamilton,, that was awsome from a long time F1 fan,,, need more of that,,bolt some new tires on and race them conserving fuel n tires… and the saying “right lets see what this car can do” pushing it too its limits ,,it what it should be all about… conserving tires and slowing down coz not enough fuel is just really depressing tv coz you know theres more there,,… have they never watched the Grand National Horse Race???

9. PJA (@pja) said on 17th April 2013, 18:35

I rated it the same as the Malaysian GP 7.5 rounded up to an eight.

It was a good race but there were a few things I didn’t like which almost brought my rating down.

With DRS and the significance of the tyres I find that overtaking doesn’t do much for me now, whereas in previous years I would have been shouting and cheering most of the time now I just sit there as if it was a backmarker getting out of the way due to blue flags.

The soft tyres were not suitable for this Grand Prix. Webber started on them from the pit lane and changed them after one lap, and still managed to be racing the leaders after they had made their first stops.

Also I think the rules need to be changed to make sure drivers put a competitive lap in during qualifying. It used to be drivers didn’t set a time if they had used all their tyres up just getting to Q3, but now we have drivers such as Vettel who could fight for pole not setting a time even though he had plenty of fresh tyres available.

1 4 5 6