2013 Bahrain Grand Prix
Mercedes executive director Toto Wolff says the technical problems suffered by Nico Rosberg in the first two races of the year are “not acceptable”.
Rosberg retired from Sunday’s Chinese Grand Prix after an anti-roll bar failure and was forced out of the Australian Grand Prix with an electrical problem.
“Two technical retirements for Nico in three races are not acceptable,” said Wolff. “Everybody is working flat out at the factory to make sure we hit our target of bringing both cars to the finish at every race.”
“After three races, we have an equal balance of reasons to be pleased and areas we need to improve,” he added. “Two podium finishes in two races for Lewis represent a strong start to the season. That shows our car is competitive in different conditions and on different types of circuit.”
Rosberg said he drew positives from the car’s competitive showing in the opening rounds, with Lewis Hamilton finished on the podium in the last two races:
“The first three races haven’t quite worked out as we had hoped on my side but the positive is that we have a car that we can really work with,” he said.
“We’re better prepared than we were last year and we have shown that the car is much stronger so I really hope that we can achieve a great result in Bahrain.”
2013 Chinese Grand Prix
- Alonso voted Chinese GP Driver of the Weekend
- Fun or artifical? Mixed views in China Rate the Race
- F1 fans’ 2013 Chinese Grand Prix video gallery
- Top ten pictures from the 2013 Chinese Grand Prix
- 2013 Chinese Grand Prix weekend in Tweets
Image ?é?® Daimler/Hoch Zwei
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others