Caterham have been fined ?óÔÇÜ?¼10,000 (?é?ú8,460) for sending Giedo van der Garde onto the track with a loose wheel.
The team warned Van der Garde his wheel was loose after the pit stop and told him to drive back to the pits. The wheel fell off shortly afterwards.
The stewards took note of this in deciding Caterham’s fine, stating: “The team instructed the driver to drive the car back to the pits even though they were aware of the wheel not being attached correctly.”
2013 Spanish Grand Prix
- Why the Spanish GP was better in person than on TV
- Ferrari one-two in Spanish GP Driver of the Weekend
- Spanish Grand Prix gets lowest rating of 2013 so far
- 2013 Spanish Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Ferrari join Lotus in criticising tyre revisions
Image ?é?® Caterham/LAT