Rate the race: 2013 Spanish Grand Prix

2013 Spanish Grand Prix

Mark Webber, Red Bull, Circuit de Cataunya, Barcelona, 2013What did you think of the today’s race? Share your verdict on the Spanish Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (4%)
  • 2 (3%)
  • 3 (6%)
  • 4 (10%)
  • 5 (15%)
  • 6 (18%)
  • 7 (21%)
  • 8 (13%)
  • 9 (5%)
  • 10 (5%)

Total Voters: 778

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

Do you think F1 has got the balance right with DRS and tyres this year? Have your say here:

See the results for past seasons here:

2013 Spanish Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Spanish Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty

291 comments on Rate the race: 2013 Spanish Grand Prix

1 3 4 5 6 7 9
  1. Dwayne Knight said on 12th May 2013, 15:38

Hamilton needs to get back to the old Hamilton, Drive aggressive, drive hungry. could you believe Mercedes is stifling him. Let the man drive

2. DaveW (@dmw) said on 12th May 2013, 15:40

I hate the tires too. But today Alonso didn’t have a tires problem. From the lights to flag he was a beast. We saw an epic race from one of the greatest drivers ever. I’m not a ferrari fan. But you have to recognize brilliance. 9.

3. Dizzy said on 12th May 2013, 15:47

‏@PaulHembery
    We aim for 2-3 pit stops. Today was too many, we got it wrong, too aggressive. We will make changes, probably from Silverstone.

4. mole (@mole) said on 12th May 2013, 15:49

I rather liked the first half, it became a bit of a procession after the 3rd-ish round of stops.

It was great to see the top 6 stick together over the first stint and then Kimi and Alonso being able to go like the clappers for once.

I think some of this tyre talks a bit coloured by fans supporting merc/ red bull – those cars may have gone backwards but the Ferraris, the Lotus (sorry Grosjean), toro rosso’s and McLaren seemed to be rather good.

5. Resort2Spa (@resort2spa) said on 12th May 2013, 15:53

I feel sorry for the fans attending that race who go for the pure racing spectacle. Sure the Spaniards would be happy but it was just a snooze fest.

Tyres need to go back to last years compounds.

6. ozmarck (@ozmarck) said on 12th May 2013, 15:54

I hate this PIRELLI = ITALY = FERRARI = JEAN TODT = FIA tyres, simply the drivers goes like in a Procession…

7. Tayyib (@m0nzaman) said on 12th May 2013, 15:54

Gave it a 6, wasn’t mindblowingly amazing but not awful. There were some good overtakes at the start, Fernando’s overtake on Lewis at the start was immense. Kimi was top draw and drove a very good race as did Massa. Say what you will about the extremities of the tyre deg, but ANOTHER delamination on JEV’s Torro Rosso is just an utter joke. We have seen cars before fly on Staurdays and not be as quick on a Sunday, but for Mercedes to drop like a stone, due to their tyre wear is ridicolous.

Properly buzzing for Fernando to win in Spain.

8. montreal95 (@montreal95) said on 12th May 2013, 15:59

Gave it a 5. The track that was boring already had been ruined by the most rubbish final sector on the calendar except Abu Dhabi. The balance is wrong tire-wise. Not much at all was right at this race. It gets as high a grade as this, purely because some drivers did all they could to spice it up. Some great performances, notably by Alonso, Kimi, Massa and a great steal of a point by Ricciardo, who is really overachieving with that car. Webber also had a good race after an awful start, only lost 3.8 seconds to Vettel from the end of lap one to the end(9.7 in total), being more in traffic

Wonder what kind of a race we’ll see at Monaco with these tires? Most would say, a horrible procession but I’m not so sure. Might end up being similar to 2005(with its no tire change rule), had a crazy end of race

9. geekracer2000 (@geekracer2000) said on 12th May 2013, 16:01

Gave it 3. Great drive from Alonso but from spectator view nothing spectacular.
    There was some action, and opening laps were somehow intense but there was nothing going on since second stints.

10. Hamilfan (@hamilfan) said on 12th May 2013, 16:02

3/10 for me . I don’t usually rate but this one made me to .
    To sum it up . It was ” Tyring ” . The only silver lining was Alonso ( not vettel ) winning for me . Hamilton just blew it in the first corner and then yes he got “tyred” as well . I can’t call it a race . It was a procession .

11. Jared H (@thejaredhuang) said on 12th May 2013, 16:02

People need to stop talking about the tires. If Lotus can do a 3 stop with 3 stints on options and get a 2nd then others need to stop complaining about the tires and go back to their drawing boards. Honestly I don’t think Pirelli should do anything different from what they’re doing now.

12. Nigelstash (@nigelstash) said on 12th May 2013, 16:12

I fell asleep.
    I don’t blame the drivers, I blame the tyres. Don’t tell me it has always been the this because it hasn’t. Overtaking isn’t exciting when it is inevitable. Drivers aren’t even bothering to defend.
    I gave it a 3 and they are all for Fernando in the opening lap.
    zzzzzz

13. Nigelstash (@nigelstash) said on 12th May 2013, 16:14

“Like this”

14. Peter Hatch (@cntchds) said on 12th May 2013, 16:19

Any good race for Alonso is a good race for me, but after lap 13 when he snuck past Rosberg it was a bit of a bore. Tires have made these races more, not less interesting. Seeing Kimi finishing second on a three-stop strategy with the Ferrari’s in front and behind taking a four-stop was proof that both can be effective. Mobility of Webber was interesting as well. I wish Mercedes had a better outcome, but the car just isn’t working right yet. There is still plenty of season to go, but this was better than average. I give it a 6.

15. Eddie (@wackyracer) said on 12th May 2013, 16:23