Nico Hulkenberg says he expects Sauber to perform better in next week’s Monaco Grand Prix.
Sauber have had a poor start to the 2013 season, scoring just five points over the first five races, 36 less than last year. Hulkenberg has only made it into Q3 once while team mate Esteban Gutierrez has gone out in Q1 three times.
However Hulkenberg is optimistic about the team’s chances in Monaco: “In terms of performance, I?óÔé¼Ôäóm quite positive,” hesaid.
“We?óÔé¼Ôäóve seen that the softer tyre compounds suit us quite well, which gives me confidence we?óÔé¼Ôäóll have a good weekend.”
Sauber ran a new rear wing in Spain and the team believe Hulkenberg was on course for eighth place before his collision in the pits with Jean-Eric Vergne. Gutierrez narrowly missed out on a points finish.
The team will add further new parts to their last upgrade package at next week’s race.
2013 Monaco Grand Prix
- Rosberg voted Monaco GP Driver of the Weekend
- Glamorous Monaco fails to gain high rating
- Mallya: Monaco “silenced critics” ahead of 100th race
- 2013 Monaco Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Ricciardo told Grosjean “you’re an idiot” after crash
Image ?é?® Sauber