Kamui Kobayashi had a chance to drive a Ferrari Formula One car at the team’s Maranello test track day.
The Japanese driver got behind the wheel of a Ferrari F10 as raced by the team in 2010. F1 teams are allowed a limit number of runs using old machinery for filming purposes.
Kobayashi drives for Ferrari’s GT racing team in the World Endurance Championship.
“The first feeling was one of great happiness,” said Kobayashi. “I raced against this car and I knew how quick it was, so it was very important to get some experience of it.”
“Last year?óÔé¼Ôäós race in Brazil was the last time I drove a Formula One car and now I am racing in WEC in a 458 GT and the impressions are completely different.”
“But it wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót hard to readapt, because in the past, I?óÔé¼Ôäóve driven all sorts of cars and I?óÔé¼Ôäóm used to change.”
Kobayashi drove the car to familiarise himself with it ahead of his planned run at the Moscow City Racing event on July 21st.
- Top ten pictures from the 2016 Singapore Grand Prix
- 2016 Singapore Grand Prix in pictures
- 2016 Singapore Grand Prix qualifying and final practice in pictures
- 2016 Singapore Grand Prix practice in pictures
- 2016 Singapore Grand Prix build-up in pictures
Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo