Caption Competition 31: Pirelli and Mercedes

Caption Competition

Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, Monaco, 2013

Mercedes are in hot water after their rivals discovered they conducted a 1,000km tyre test for Pirelli in secret ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix.

Nico Rosberg went on to win the next round of the championship in Monaco.

Submit your funniest caption suggestion for the picture above in the comments and a selection of the best will be chosen for tomorrow’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Pirelli/LAT

108 comments on Caption Competition 31: Pirelli and Mercedes

1. hzh (@hzh00) said on 1st June 2013, 20:25

In the round up:
    After finishing the 1000 km test, and due to their excessive degradation rates of the tyres and the unexpected extra sets of tyres that were brought to the circuit during the test, Mercedes were asked by Pirelli to pay for half of the sets of tyres used. However, and after Mercedes refused to do that, Pirelli threatened them to expose the test story to the public to put them in trouble, which was the case in the end.

2. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 1st June 2013, 20:31

“ok, take a razor and make Nico’s tyres look worn”

3. specialk69 (@specialk69) said on 1st June 2013, 20:33

I knew we should have got some bait for this fishing trip…

4. TribalTalker (@tribaltalker) said on 1st June 2013, 20:44

…so I said to Nico, “How are you going to treat the tyres?”
    He said he was just happy to have a good long “P” on them.
    And he’s winning – maybe he’s onto something?

5. bull mello (@bullmello) said on 1st June 2013, 20:49

Music on headphones, The Beatles:
    “Listen,
    Do you want to know a secret?,
    Do you promise not to tell?, whoa oh, oh…”

6. Hotbottoms (@hotbottoms) said on 1st June 2013, 21:02

“So my girlfriend keeps telling me I’m being secretive. I don’t get her. First of all she should’ve noticed I stayed at the pub after she left and I totally booked the hotel room for me and my mistress with my own name.”

7. Traverse (@) said on 1st June 2013, 21:37

“Is that Rosberg or Hamilton?”

8. Dion (@infinitygc) said on 1st June 2013, 21:44

Another one:
    Pirelli weren’t quite sure what the fuss was, since Mercedes had already hired dozens of their engineers before the test.

9. Serban7 (@serr7) said on 1st June 2013, 21:46

#1: Whoa! How is Nico still leading? I thought Mercedes had some problems with their tyres.
    #2: That’s the mentality kid!

10. crr917 (@crr917) said on 1st June 2013, 21:48

Pirelli guy 1: “Exclusive offer – join F1 today and get free inseason testing for the first year.” Sounds good, right?
    Pirelli guy 2: Should add “Offer only applies to car manufacturers – VW, Toyota and BMW”. Remember, we always “act professionally, with transparency and in absolute good faith.”

11. John H (@john-h) said on 1st June 2013, 21:56

“Oh yeah, I can definitely see debris out there Paul… definitely”.

12. Traverse (@) said on 1st June 2013, 22:14

Mr Right: “Hold my left hand, go on hold it, don’t be afraid to show our love in public”
    Mr Left: “I’m not afraid, I’m just worried that we won’t be able to adopt, what with my criminal record and past dealings with the Sith”
    Mr Right: “Adoption!? You’ve never mentioned this before…who did you want to adopt?”
    Mr Left: “Rosberg”
    Mr Right: “Yeah but, I’ve always wanted a girl…”
    Mr Left: “Exactly!”.

13. “I think we need to woo the teams into voting us for a 2014 contract.”
    “Hmm, you’re right. Lets do it one team at a time.”

14. “You’ll get a lap dance from Britney, they said. It’ll be fun, they said.”

15. “I’d rather be at our calender shoot, right across the beach.”