2013 F1 season
“We welcome the opportunity to explain the full facts of the Pirelli test in an open and transparent manner at the International Tribunal,” said the team in a statement.
“Sporting integrity is of primary importance to Mercedes-Benz and we have the utmost confidence in the due process of the FIA.”
The FIA has called on Mercedes to explain why it conducted a three-day test with Pirelli at the Circuit de Catalunya following the Spanish Grand Prix.
Mercedes and Ferrari Pirelli tyre test row
- The brains of Brawn come out on top again
- Missing Young Drivers’ Test “a blow” for Mercedes
- Ferrari: Mercedes “got away virtually scot-free”
- Is the FIA’s test ban for Mercedes a fair penalty?
- ‘We always prefer to test with race drivers’ – Horner
Browse all Mercedes and Ferrari Pirelli tyre test row articles
Image © Daimler/Hoch Zwei