Rate the race: 2013 Canadian Grand Prix

2013 Canadian Grand Prix

Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, 2013What did you think of the today’s race? Share your verdict on the Canadian Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 Canadian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (4%)
  • 2 (3%)
  • 3 (3%)
  • 4 (7%)
  • 5 (8%)
  • 6 (22%)
  • 7 (26%)
  • 8 (20%)
  • 9 (5%)
  • 10 (2%)

Total Voters: 586

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2013 Canadian Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Canadian Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

212 comments on Rate the race: 2013 Canadian Grand Prix

1. Pennyroyal tea (@peartree) said on 9th June 2013, 21:04

I told you the results on Friday…At this point it’s easy to predict who’s the strongest at each venue or weather condition. I predicted on Friday a runaway victory for Vettel, today Sunday that’s the headline of the news. Red Bull have always been fast here, for some reason they never converted those 2 poles but now there was virtually nothing to take their victory away.

2. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 9th June 2013, 21:05

I really don’t know what you guys were watching, or why you’re complaining. Many of you have been saying how you hate the tyres and the delta times etc. We got a race where drivers were pushing, there was some great wheel to wheel racing out on track, and DRS wasn’t as effective as it has been here in the past and yet it’s still boring, or not enough?

Well, I enjoyed it. Disappointing day for McLaren, but it was great to see Alonso get up to second, and looking forward to the British GP.

3. BrawnGP (@brawngp) said on 9th June 2013, 21:05

Not The best Canadian GP I’ve seen but the warm up lap alone was better than the last race at Monaco! Gave it 8, solid race.

4. Slr (@slr) said on 9th June 2013, 21:07

8/10 for me. There was no battle for the lead, but we saw plenty of good racing behind Vettel.

5. MacLeod (@macleod) said on 9th June 2013, 21:08

maybe a 5 was to much the double drs was too much should be only one. And i saw not many overtakes bad tv coverage.

6. clappy (@danielc) said on 9th June 2013, 21:10

Maclaren must not like it(I no car is not the best but come on) that they have the same drivers for next year they need to get a new one in im thinking Hukenberg or even try get Rai back. I think if they had a choice and But was not such a great character they would probably have him only race this year and next with the new regs. I think he is gradually on the wane.

• Antonio Nartea (@tony031r) said on 9th June 2013, 21:50

@danielc

they need to get a new one in, I’m thinking Hukenberg

Yeah, because Hulk is doing such a greater job in that Sauber than Button and Perez are in that equally bad McLaren…
      I’m sorry but if Button and Perez are overrated, then so is Hulkenberg. None of the three are managing even the slightest over-performance at the moment, so I find it hard to imagine how one would do better than the other in the current McLaren.

Bringing Hulkenberg in as a replacement for either Perez or Button at the moment would be like switching Grosjean for Maldonado. Absolutely pointless.

• clappy (@danielc) said on 9th June 2013, 22:33

ok well im sorry but Hulkenberg in the Sauber is not comparable, im not saying their bad I think Perez is doing ok I just think they could do with 1 better driver that’s all they don’t heve out and out pace in the car or driver maybe Hulk is a bad choice on this season, but PDR is doing great and in Hulks first year back after a yr out he handidly beat paul. It just must be frustrating for them, can you honestly see them even going close when the car is as fast as the others I cant. I bet they regret not having Ham he is more the future than But.

7. FullSpe3d (@dryyoshi) said on 9th June 2013, 21:11

5/10
    Feels like the Schumacher era in the early 2000′s. At least tyres weren’t too much of a factor and DRS was not as unfair as expected but a lack of action all around the circuit in the end.

8. Mike Dee (@mike-dee) said on 9th June 2013, 21:12

Although Vettel did not make it too interesting for the win, it was pretty good behind him. A bit too much DRS still, but much less than I feared when seeing the double DRS straights.

Surprised to see only 5 cars on the lead lap (and Rosberg was not far from being lapped).

9. TMF (@tmf42) said on 9th June 2013, 21:13

8/10 tires that hold brought us a good race. DRS was a bit stupid here and made for too many artificial overtakes, but other than that it’s exactly how F1 should be.

10. Zantkiller (@zantkiller) said on 9th June 2013, 21:14

Boring race.

Completely sympathise with the people booing.

11. Yobo01 (@yobo01) said on 9th June 2013, 21:17

I voted 8, but I actually wanted to give it a 7.
    It’s a shame that there was no real fight for P1, and it was disappointing to see the top 5 one lap ahead of everyone else. And the two DRS zones were too much. I mean, we’ve been saying that since 2011 and they haven’t made any serious changes. It’s a shame.

But we saw some awesome battles and drivers pushing hard. Especially Bottas, his defense on Alonso was terrific.

12. Force Maikel (@force-maikel) said on 9th June 2013, 21:20

Sorry but DRS completely ruined this race, yes when not considering DRS this looks like this was a great race. But 90% of the overtaking was fake. getting close on straight 1 and then go for the kill on start straight.

2/10 for me (and I usually rate quite high but this was just not acceptable)

If I have to justify the 2, that was for the drivers finally being able to push.

Oh and Red Bull can start shutting up about the tyres now, they are walking away with both the championships!

13. Martin (@aardvark) said on 9th June 2013, 21:21

5/10. It was a halfway decent race.

14. It was an entertaining race actually. Liked it. Just missed a lead battle/change and a different second DRS zone to make it even better. On the plus side, an evening race for europeans.

15. CeeVee (@ceevee) said on 9th June 2013, 21:24

Bit like the curates egg, so a mid-range 6 from me. Started well but drifted off into bore-fest