2013 F1 season
Sebastian Vettel will remain with Red Bull until at least the end of 2015, the team has confirmed.
Vettel, who joined the team in 2009, scored his 29th career victory on Sunday. All bar one of them were achieved with the Milton Keynes team, for whom he also won the last three world championships.
The 25-year-old was rumoured to be considering a move to Ferrari last year. But the team later stated it would not pair Fernando Alonso with a driver of Vettel’s calibre.
Vettel’s team mate Mark Webber is contracted to the team until the end of this year.
2014 F1 season
- Vettel missing qualifying “not ideal for everyone”
- Drivers see more opportunities with three-car teams
- Teams must be put on “equitable” footing, says FIA
- Losing title on double points “would suck” – Hamilton
- Bianchi’s family denies reports of return to Europe
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © Red Bull/Getty