Caption Competition 32: Hamilton and Moss

Caption Competition

Stirling Moss, Lewis Hamilton, Silverstone, 2013

Past and present British F1 stars Stirling Moss and Lewis Hamilton met up at Silverstone recently to promote the next race on the calendar, the British Grand Prix.

Submit your funniest caption suggestion for the picture above in the comments and a selection of the best will be chosen for next Saturday’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?é?® Mercedes/Hoch Zwei

147 comments on Caption Competition 32: Hamilton and Moss

1. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 15th June 2013, 13:04

Moss: “Lewis, my boy, as long as you can control that wheel in your hand, you’ll never need to bother about any others on the car.”

2. Julien (@jlracing) said on 15th June 2013, 13:05

Am I holding the steering wheel upside-down?

3. Imre (@f1mre) said on 15th June 2013, 13:10

“…and then I overtook Glock in the last corner to win the championship by a single point. Do you know how it feels like?”
    “You must be joking…”

4. MojoPhete said on 15th June 2013, 13:11

And I thought the set of wheels I pulled were big!

5. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 15th June 2013, 13:17

‘Compared to mine, this is wheely basic’

6. Walton174 (@walton174) said on 15th June 2013, 13:23

SM: “At night i take it home and use it to make pizzas”
    LH: “By the looks of it you make a fair few”

7. craig-o (@craig-o) said on 15th June 2013, 13:28

So where did you store all the secret Pirelli information?

8. hzh (@hzh00) said on 15th June 2013, 13:31

Hamilton: But what is this??!!!
    Moss: what the… you broke my wheel man!! get out of my car.

9. Dave Edwards said on 15th June 2013, 13:37

Stirling: “You fool – they said to turn up in blank overalls…”

10. Jack (@jackisthestig) said on 15th June 2013, 13:38

“Is this a toy for my dog?”

11. Alex (@korbendallas) said on 15th June 2013, 13:49

“So this was our wood block, and if it wasn’t at least one millimetre thinner by the end of the race you weren’t driving hard enough.”

12. JimmyTheIllustratedBlindSolidSilverBeachStackapopolis III said on 15th June 2013, 13:53

Thanks moss this is perfect for my submarines hatch

• JimmyTheIllustratedBlindSolidSilverBeachStackapopolis III said on 15th June 2013, 13:57

Wow so this is a 1950’s wrist watch it’s amazing how technology gets more and more compact over the years.

• JimmyTheIllustratedBlindSolidSilverBeachStackapopolis III said on 15th June 2013, 14:33

Of course we soon connected the steering wheel extended the gear shift brought the foot pedals closer and attached a seat so you don’t get blown backwards off the car, but in those days we didn’t have access to all the knowledge teams have now. So we didn’t know we were making mistakes until we tryed something.

13. Danksa (@danieljaksa) said on 15th June 2013, 14:04

“I think you have the strength, Lewis, but I don’t know if you’ve got the mental aptitude to race hard with this wheel. And those earrings don’t help.”

14. Renegade.Ego (@renegade-ego) said on 15th June 2013, 14:04

Lewis,”You want me to put this where Sir? “, Moss, “Well it’s mostly the right color son”

15. smudgersmith1 (@smudgersmith1) said on 15th June 2013, 14:12

And Fangio had a modern one Sterling ?