Stirling Moss, Lewis Hamilton, Silverstone, 2013

Caption Competition 32: Hamilton and Moss

Caption CompetitionPosted on | Author Keith Collantine

Stirling Moss, Lewis Hamilton, Silverstone, 2013

Past and present British F1 stars Stirling Moss and Lewis Hamilton met up at Silverstone recently to promote the next race on the calendar, the British Grand Prix.

Submit your funniest caption suggestion for the picture above in the comments and a selection of the best will be chosen for next Saturday’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Mercedes/Hoch Zwei

147 comments on “Caption Competition 32: Hamilton and Moss”

1. Alex (@korbendallas)
    15th June 2013, 13:49

“So this was our wood block, and if it wasn’t at least one millimetre thinner by the end of the race you weren’t driving hard enough.”

2. JimmyTheIllustratedBlindSolidSilverBeachStackapopolis III
    15th June 2013, 13:53

Thanks moss this is perfect for my submarines hatch

1. JimmyTheIllustratedBlindSolidSilverBeachStackapopolis III
      15th June 2013, 13:57

Wow so this is a 1950’s wrist watch it’s amazing how technology gets more and more compact over the years.

1. JimmyTheIllustratedBlindSolidSilverBeachStackapopolis III
        15th June 2013, 14:33

Of course we soon connected the steering wheel extended the gear shift brought the foot pedals closer and attached a seat so you don’t get blown backwards off the car, but in those days we didn’t have access to all the knowledge teams have now. So we didn’t know we were making mistakes until we tryed something.

3. Danksa (@danieljaksa)
    15th June 2013, 14:04

“I think you have the strength, Lewis, but I don’t know if you’ve got the mental aptitude to race hard with this wheel. And those earrings don’t help.”

4. Lewis,”You want me to put this where Sir? “, Moss, “Well it’s mostly the right color son”

5. And Fangio had a modern one Sterling ?

6. Michael (@freelittlebirds)
    15th June 2013, 14:19

Yes Lewis, this is the one that cost me a WDC.

7. LH: “strange, this looks like a BMW steering wheel”

8. What in the world how do you pass where is the DRS and KERS buttons?

1. PMccarthy_is_a_legend (@pmccarthy_is_a_legend)
      15th June 2013, 15:49

Lol rubbish!

9. So where’s the radio again?

10. get your hand off my wheel, kid!

11. So where is the lap time delta displayed?

12. “You young drivers have too many buttons and too many zits !”

13. I can feel it . . . . .

14. Mike the bike Schumacher (@mike-the-bike-schumacher)
    15th June 2013, 15:31

Moss: Now you take your hands off the steering wheel and wave to the pretty woman!

15. “Now listen here boy, back in my day DRS meant ‘Drink Rum & Soda’ !!”

16. PMccarthy_is_a_legend (@pmccarthy_is_a_legend)
    15th June 2013, 15:45

No buttons! Wicked got get myself one of these!

17. PMccarthy_is_a_legend (@pmccarthy_is_a_legend)
    15th June 2013, 15:47

Look how light the steering wheel is! Even a girl could drive with it don’t you think Sir Stirling?

18. – My, my, Lewis! Those earrings are really bring out your beautiful smile.
    – Aww, thanks homie.

19. Sorry old man, I think the wheel came off your wheel chair.

20. Sir Moss- Which wheel actualy is this?