2013 F1 season
Ferrari also conducted a test for Pirelli in April and it emerged during yesterday’s Tribunal hearing they had previously done so during 2012 as well.
“The FIA wishes that lessons are learnt from this case and from the decision handed down,” said the sport’s governing body in a statement today. “To this end, the FIA will make sure, in association with all F1 teams, that its control of the testings is strengthened.”
“It is recalled that the notification of the FIA International Tribunal’s decision opens to each of the parties concerned the possibility of bringing an appeal against this decision before the FIA International Court of Appeal within seven days,” it added.
The FIA admitted following the hearing that Mercedes “had no reason to believe” it was breaking the rules by conducting the test.
Mercedes and Ferrari Pirelli tyre test row
- The brains of Brawn come out on top again
- Missing Young Drivers’ Test “a blow” for Mercedes
- Ferrari: Mercedes “got away virtually scot-free”
- Is the FIA’s test ban for Mercedes a fair penalty?
- ‘We always prefer to test with race drivers’ – Horner
Browse all Mercedes and Ferrari Pirelli tyre test row articles
Image ?é?® Ferrari/Ercole Colombo