Red Bull have confirmed they will participate in the Young Drivers Test which will take place at Silverstone next month.
Mercedes’ ban for attending the test handed down by the FIA Tribunal had prompted speculation Red Bull might skip it to hold their own test using their race drivers.
But Red Bull confirmed on Friday it will participate in the test on July 17th to 19th.
Antonio Felix da Costa, who drove for them at last year’s test, will do the first two days of running at Silverstone. Carlos Sainz Jnr will do the driving on the final day.
Da Costa is third in Formula Renault 3.5 and Sainz lies sixth in the GP3 series.
2013 F1 season
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
- Schumacher’s condition “slightly improved” after second operation
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty