A disappointed Kimi Raikkonen blamed his team for discouraging him from pitting during the final Safety Car period.
Several drivers who did pit were able to pass Raikkonen in the final laps, pushing him down to fifth by the end of the race.
“We had easily P2,” said Raikkonen. “I asked the team if we should in to change the tyres and they said ‘no’.”
“So absolutely the wrong call. Disappointing but not my fault this time.”
Among those to demote Raikkonen was his close title rival Fernando Alonso. With championship leader Sebastian Vettel retiring, Raikkonen was unable to make the most of a key opportunity to gain ground.
2013 British Grand Prix
- Good rating for British GP despite tyre chaos
- Hamilton voted top driver of British Grand Prix
- 2013 British Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 British Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Hembery: Pirelli “not trying to attack anybody”
Image ?é?® Lotus/LAT