“Contrary to the impression that some people have formed, I would like to underline the collaboration and support that we are receiving from the teams, drivers, FIA and FOM,” said Hembery in a statement.
“In no way are we intending to create arguments or attack anybody. We have taken our responsibilities upon ourselves as our press release indicates.
“But not having full control over all the elements that impact on the use of the tyres, we need everybody?óÔé¼Ôäós contribution. With regard to this, we are receiving the full support of all the parties involved, for which we are very grateful.”
In an earlier statement Pirelli identified several reasons for the punctures, some of which were under the teams’ control.
2013 British Grand Prix
- Good rating for British GP despite tyre chaos
- Hamilton voted top driver of British Grand Prix
- 2013 British Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 British Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Hembery: Pirelli “not trying to attack anybody”
Image ?é?® Pirelli/LAT