Rosberg focused on ‘annoying Sebastian’, not title

2013 German Grand Prix

Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, Silverstone, 2013Nico Rosberg says he “doesn’t really want to speak about the world title yet” and is focused on winning races.

Rosberg, who’s has won two of the last three races, said: “It’s a really nice time in my career at the moment.”

“It’s new, I’ve never had a car as quick as it is now, going to every next race knowing that when I go out their in qualifying I can fight for a position somewhere right at the front and also in the race now the car is getting better and better so the chances are higher that even on Sunday I can keep my qualifying position. It’s a really nice feeling, very motivating.”

Mercedes have moved into second place in the championship. Asked if he believes they can now be considered title contenders Rosberg said: “No, it’s too early to say that.”

“We’re really focusing on getting our momentum and keeping it going as we have at the moment, just concentrating one race to the next, trying to get the most out of them, just as we have done now in the past couple of races which have gone fantastically for me, and then we see in a few races time.”

“Short-term I just want to annoy Sebastian [Vettel] and Red Bull a little bit, race by race, by being ahead of them,” he added.

“That’s the most important, to really be ahead of not only them but other teams and try and win more more races. That’s what I’m focused on at the moment and that’s what the whole team is focused on.”

2013 German Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 German Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Daimler/Hoch Zwei

31 comments on Rosberg focused on ‘annoying Sebastian’, not title

1. Alehud42 (@alehud42) said on 4th July 2013, 14:58

I have new found respect for Rosberg.

2. elmaestro (@gamer7) said on 4th July 2013, 15:15

i hope lewis can repeat the amazing quali lap that he did in 2011 and win again, he really is due a win. rosberg should not be upset about his two retirements because he had the luck of a prostitute in the last race.
    and there is a typo: That’s what I’m focused on AT the moment

3. LeJimster said on 4th July 2013, 16:46

Anyone who is going to annoy Vettel and Red Bull gets a thumbs up from me.

4. Laminator (@laminator) said on 4th July 2013, 17:08

How do you pronounce Nordschleife??

5. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 4th July 2013, 17:24

Rosberg sure knows how to play to a crowd ;)

6. This German WDC I wouldn’t mind seeing!

7. RACERNORRISKI (@racernorriski) said on 4th July 2013, 18:20

i always liked and rooted (not the pig kind) for Nico. Back when he did the race track drawings he was always modest and very likeable, and now that his recognition as a winning driver has emerged Nico retains that modesty. Thanks, RnR

8. Jimmy_D (@jimmy_d) said on 4th July 2013, 20:17

LOL, I am officially a Rosberg fan :-)

9. Rockie said on 4th July 2013, 22:08

Its this kind of mentality that has not stopped Vettel’s march to success as drivers are not bothered with winning its just about Vettel same as Alonso saying we have to finish in front of Vettel so if Vettel finishes 12th its ok for him to finish 11th.

10. m30 said on 4th July 2013, 23:47

Too bad he will be out-qualified by one second by his teammate! Hamilton is a monster around this track!

11. kyle (@jimtomf1) said on 5th July 2013, 8:20

Has anyone noticed the Mercedes car has stopped running a monkey seat, and does anyone know why?