As in 2011, when F1 last raced at the track, the first detection point on the lap will be before the Kumho-Kurve (turn ten). The activation point at the exit of the Bit-Kurve will be seven metres later than it was last year.
That will allow drivers to use DRS on the approach to the Veedol chicane. The detection point for the new, second DRS zone is after the chicane, 40 metres before the final corner.
Drivers will not be able to activate DRS until 135 metres after the last turn.
2013 German Grand Prix
- Third Driver of the Weekend win for Vettel
- Down-to-the-wire German GP gets positive rating
- 2013 German Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 German Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- FIA to bring forward 2014 pit lane safety rules
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty