Bernie Ecclestone has told the Financial Times he faces charges in the investigation into whether he bribed German banker Gerhard Gribkowsky.
Gribkowsky was sentenced to serve eight-and-a-half years in jail last year. He abandoned an appeal against the conviction in May.
Now Ecclestone says his lawyers “have received an indictment. It?óÔé¼Ôäós being translated into English.”
Ecclestone added: “We are defending it properly. It will be an interesting case. It?óÔé¼Ôäós a pity it?óÔé¼Ôäós happened.”
Gribkowsky was arrested in January 2011 and Ecclestone later admitted making a payment to him.
“I was asked to appear and I appeared,” said Ecclestone earlier this month. “Anything I said at the trial was the truth so I have no reason to believe or expect that anything could be turned against me.”
2013 F1 season
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
- Schumacher’s condition “slightly improved” after second operation
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles