Lotus have decided not to run Kimi Raikkonen at this week’s Young Driver Test as originally planned.
Instead of running Raikkonen on Friday Nicolas Prost will have another run in the car.
Trackside operations director Alan Permane said: “Once details of what race drivers were allowed to do here became apparent, we would have only been able to conduct a very limited programme with Kimi.
“If we were to run him, it would compromise the other development work we want to do with the car here.
“By running Nico again we?óÔé¼Ôäóll be able to build on the work already carried out and hopefully be in the best position to develop the E21 ahead of Budapest, whilst also conducting the necessary tyre testing for Pirelli.”
Red Bull have also scaled back the programme for their race drivers and will not run Mark Webber at the test.
2013 F1 season
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
- Schumacher’s condition “slightly improved” after second operation
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Lotus/LAT