Caption Competition 33: Ecclestone and Hembery

Caption Competition

Bernie Ecclestone, Paul Hembery, Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona,

It’s been a difficult week for Bernie Ecclestone as prosecutors in Germany confirmed he is being indicted on charges of bribery.

Meanwhile Pirelli’s Paul Hembery has been contending with the aftermath of the spate of tyre failures seen during the British Grand Prix.

What have these two been discussing? That’s for you to decide.

Post your funniest suggestion for a caption below and a selection of the best will appear in tomorrow’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?é?® Pirelli/LAT

81 comments on Caption Competition 33: Ecclestone and Hembery

1. JackySteeg (@jackysteeg) said on 20th July 2013, 12:05

“Oh God… Who invited Niki?”

2. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 20th July 2013, 12:23

“You were right. Luca does smell amazing.”

3. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 20th July 2013, 12:53

Paul: “You know you said I had to bribe the German team to do tyre testing?” Bernie: “Yes” Paul: “Well I promised they’d have a favourable outcome as they’re based in Britain” Bernie: “Oh why didn’t we just ask Michelin in 2010? I mean come on, even your trucks use their tyres and not yours!”

4. frogster said on 20th July 2013, 12:58

Paul ” Good luck Bernie, I’ve heard those German prisons make you degrade quicker than a Pirelli on a Merc.
    Bernie ” No problem, 26 million euros will get the germans off my back and Fulda providing next years tyres “

5. Max Jacobson (@vettel1) said on 20th July 2013, 13:02

BE – I’ll slip you a few million if you can give me something to spice up the races: some exploding tyres perhaps?

6. Umar Majid (@um1234) said on 20th July 2013, 13:22

Eccelstone “Change the tyres or I will tell everyone about your affair”

7. Umar Majid (@um1234) said on 20th July 2013, 13:24

You let Mercedes test like that, really Paul are you as stupid as you look?

8. Nick (@npf1) said on 20th July 2013, 13:27

BE: ‘Paul, if you’re looking for a job for next year, try CVC.’
    PH: ‘Why would I be looking for… Huh?’

9. Umar Majid (@um1234) said on 20th July 2013, 13:29

Sorry Bernie not interested

10. D (@f190) said on 20th July 2013, 13:33

Don’t worry Bernie, the only thing getting cut this weekend is your hair !

11. Waleran said on 20th July 2013, 13:35

Can we please talk about 2014 Bernie?

Between you and me, Paul, I’m beginning to lose interest in 2014.

12. Max Jacobson (@vettel1) said on 20th July 2013, 13:43

PH: oh look, a penny!
    BE: you’ll need it to compensate all those girls affected when your new range of condoms burst…

13. Tom Taylor (@tommo1976) said on 20th July 2013, 13:44

So Bernie, did you ask your daughters about next years calender?

14. michaeldobson13 (@michaeldobson13) said on 20th July 2013, 13:48

For health and safety reasons, these tyres are pre-delaminated

15. Dan_the_McLaren_fan (@dan_the_mclaren_fan) said on 20th July 2013, 13:53

“… so, you see, Bernie, it’s not so difficult to walk out free of a tribunal.”