Caption Competition 33: Ecclestone and Hembery

Caption Competition

Bernie Ecclestone, Paul Hembery, Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona,

It’s been a difficult week for Bernie Ecclestone as prosecutors in Germany confirmed he is being indicted on charges of bribery.

Meanwhile Pirelli’s Paul Hembery has been contending with the aftermath of the spate of tyre failures seen during the British Grand Prix.

What have these two been discussing? That’s for you to decide.

Post your funniest suggestion for a caption below and a selection of the best will appear in tomorrow’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Pirelli/LAT

81 comments on Caption Competition 33: Ecclestone and Hembery

1. Umar Majid (@um1234) said on 20th July 2013, 13:22

Eccelstone “Change the tyres or I will tell everyone about your affair”

2. Umar Majid (@um1234) said on 20th July 2013, 13:24

You let Mercedes test like that, really Paul are you as stupid as you look?

3. Nick (@npf1) said on 20th July 2013, 13:27

BE: ‘Paul, if you’re looking for a job for next year, try CVC.’
    PH: ‘Why would I be looking for… Huh?’

4. Umar Majid (@um1234) said on 20th July 2013, 13:29

Sorry Bernie not interested

5. D (@f190) said on 20th July 2013, 13:33

Don’t worry Bernie, the only thing getting cut this weekend is your hair !

6. Waleran said on 20th July 2013, 13:35

Can we please talk about 2014 Bernie?

Between you and me, Paul, I’m beginning to lose interest in 2014.

7. Max Jacobson (@vettel1) said on 20th July 2013, 13:43

PH: oh look, a penny!
    BE: you’ll need it to compensate all those girls affected when your new range of condoms burst…

8. Tom Taylor (@tommo1976) said on 20th July 2013, 13:44

So Bernie, did you ask your daughters about next years calender?

9. michaeldobson13 (@michaeldobson13) said on 20th July 2013, 13:48

For health and safety reasons, these tyres are pre-delaminated

10. Dan_the_McLaren_fan (@dan_the_mclaren_fan) said on 20th July 2013, 13:53

“… so, you see, Bernie, it’s not so difficult to walk out free of a tribunal.”

11. Mach1 (@mach1) said on 20th July 2013, 13:54

“Bernie, we have a new tyre compound idea, but we really need to know what you use to make yourself so slippery”

12. Hamilfan (@hamilfan) said on 20th July 2013, 13:57

PH: Listen , some teams are pushing for a private test .

BE : Let them test their heads .I have had a testing time already.

13. Scott Bailey (@sbailey555) said on 20th July 2013, 13:58

Ok Paul, exploding tyres only to Ricciardo this week. Did u see how close his times were to my little Sebbie boy? If he gets a ride at RB next year there’s no way anyone will believe another Aussie suddenly cant get off the line.

14. DavidS (@davids) said on 20th July 2013, 14:15

“Bernie, I told you to use that remote sparingly, now they’re starting to get suspicious.”

15. MNM101 (@mnm101) said on 20th July 2013, 14:24

Bernie: I need you to make me some high traction soap

16. Chris (@ukphillie) said on 20th July 2013, 14:27

”Hey Bernie….. As a very wise man once said…..Lets’s just retire and go fishing”

17. schooner (@schooner) said on 20th July 2013, 14:36

“brace yourself Bernie … that guy with the camera promised me 50 quid if I would give you a big kiss.”

18. verstappen (@verstappen) said on 20th July 2013, 14:40

Make ‘m go away!
    – the tyres?
    No, the Germans!

19. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 20th July 2013, 14:49

PH: “No Bernie, staring too hard at the tyres does NOT cause them to fail. Look, I’ll prove it to you”

20. Garns (@) said on 20th July 2013, 14:54

“So the going rate is 44 million?”
    “Usually yes, but where I am going a pack a smokes is the normal currency!!”