Kamui Kobayashi crashed a Ferrari during a demonstration run in Moscow but was able to resume duties as the team had a spare car on had.
“The track was very slippery and there was a marked bump at that point, which is why I hit the barrier,” said Kobayashi.
“A shame, but I am pleased the team let me out again after a few minutes.”
“I was very impressed by the city,” Kobayashi added. “I come from a big place like Tokyo, but you don’t feel the weight of history there as you do in Moscow.”
“Also, it was nice to see so much enthusiasm for Formula One: you can tell there is a lot of passion and a desire to see real racing cars. I really hope that next year, Russia can stage its first ever Grand Prix.”
Ferrari joined McLaren, Lotus, Caterham and Marussia for the fifth running of the event in the Russian Capital.
2013 F1 season
- The winners of the team mate battles in 2013
- Webber has first run in LMP1 Porsche
- McLaren’s MP4-28 proves a step too far in dire season
- Top ten passes of 2013: Vote for the best
- Three-day test to take place next week
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles