2014 F1 calendar
It quotes a Red Bull statement claiming an agreement has been reached between Bernie Ecclestone and Dietrich Mateschitz to revive the event which last took place ten years ago. The race will take place on July 6th.
The race will be held at the Red Bull Ring, formerly the A1-Ring, which was last used for F1 races between 1997 and 2003. The A1-Ring is a truncated version of the Osterreichring which held the Austrian Grand Prix between 1970 and 1987.
The 4.3km, ten-turn circuit was reopened in 2011 after being purchased by Red Bull.
New races are also planned in Sochi, Russia and New Jersey, USA, which could potentially increase the number of races next year to 22.
2014 F1 season
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix build-up in pictures
- Vettel rumours “not helping” Ferrari – Alonso
- Perez “very close” to 2015 Force India deal
- F1′s toughest race just got tougher
- Radio changes “might get complicated” – Raikkonen
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Renault/LAT