Ferrari have confirmed former Lotus technical director James Allison will join the team as of September.
Allison will take on the role of chassis technical director.
The team also announced current technical director Pat Fry will take on the new position of director of engineering. Allison and Fry will both report to team principal Stefano Domenicali.
Allison left Lotus in May. He previously worked for Ferrari in the early 2000s and left the team at the end of 2004. Allison began his F1 career with Benetton (now Lotus) in 1991 and later in the 1990s. He had been with Lotus since 2005, when the team was called Renault.
2013 F1 season
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
- Schumacher’s condition “slightly improved” after second operation
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Lotus/LAT