Caption Competition 35: Fernando Alonso

Caption Competition

Fernando Alonso, Ferrari. 2013

Here’s Fernando Alonso having fun with science in the run-up to the German Grand Prix.

Can you think up a witty caption for this picture?

Submit your funniest suggestion in the comments and a selection of the best will be chosen for next week’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

140 comments on Caption Competition 35: Fernando Alonso

1. airtone said on 4th August 2013, 12:41

Felipe will soon find out why I’m faster than him!

2. Klaas (@klaas) said on 4th August 2013, 12:42

Fernando is desperately trying to transform Ferrari into ” just a drinks company”.

3. kanik said on 4th August 2013, 12:43

Let me experiment n make my Ferrari run faster; after my engineers have failed in 2013….

4. jasons top 5 (@jasons-top-5) said on 4th August 2013, 18:07

After Vettel confirms that he prefers kimi to be the no2 in the team next year, alonso prepares a new drink to rival red bull.

5. Feuerdrache (@xenomorph91) said on 4th August 2013, 19:36

Now let’s drink this serum extracted from Seb’s hair and I’ll become finally super fast in qualifying! This will make me invincible! *evil laughter*

6. Wonderduck (@wonderduck) said on 4th August 2013, 20:40

“…and this for Luca!”

7. Sir Humphrey said on 4th August 2013, 21:40

Aha! Now I can rule the world!

8. Sir Humphrey said on 4th August 2013, 21:47

You say Felipe produced all these urine samples during first friday practice?

9. Chris (@eddie4102000) said on 4th August 2013, 22:06

di Montezemolo’s Revenge: Fernando was now the official Ferrari urine sample collector.

10. Fernando: “Sun Tzu says: ‘Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.'”
    Lady: “Well Montezemolo says ‘When drivers say stupid things, they have to test every little bottle of oil we have to see which one we put the wee in.'”

• Dennis the menace (@) said on 7th August 2013, 5:49

haha, great reference. I can imagine Alonso sitting up at night studying the art of war

11. Bobbi F (@bobbif) said on 5th August 2013, 5:55

hiss not what I want, I’m driver no, what am I doing jere, these gloves are itchy, ay

12. JCost (@jcost) said on 5th August 2013, 7:09

“Are you sure Luca can tell this from whisky?”

13. For Sure (@forsure) said on 5th August 2013, 8:19

Puma enters the exciting new market of lab safety clothing.

14. I would like to officially open the Marenello cloning facility by injecting this beaker with DNA taken from Adrian Newey’s last hair follicle

15. Mads (@mads) said on 5th August 2013, 13:12

Alonso is testing his new race gloves. Protective, cool and more importantly less bulky. Enabling much faster in car tweets on Sunday.

16. Webbo (@webbo82) said on 5th August 2013, 15:21

Alonso: “What? Didn’t Vettel say he preferred RAI because the chemistry wasn’t right?”

17. ‘Does the carpet match the drapes?’

18. scss (@scss) said on 5th August 2013, 18:59

Wait until we add this to his energy drink.

19. modestee said on 5th August 2013, 22:04

“If they are making F1 cars then I will start making sport drinks..” mumble mumble..

20. Theoddkiwi (@theoddkiwi) said on 6th August 2013, 5:10

They told me i was going to take part in a secret test… Err not quite what i’d hoped