Caption Competition 35: Fernando Alonso

Caption Competition

Fernando Alonso, Ferrari. 2013

Here’s Fernando Alonso having fun with science in the run-up to the German Grand Prix.

Can you think up a witty caption for this picture?

Submit your funniest suggestion in the comments and a selection of the best will be chosen for next week’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?é?® Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

140 comments on Caption Competition 35: Fernando Alonso

1. Bobbi F (@bobbif) said on 5th August 2013, 5:55

hiss not what I want, I’m driver no, what am I doing jere, these gloves are itchy, ay

2. JCost (@jcost) said on 5th August 2013, 7:09

“Are you sure Luca can tell this from whisky?”

3. For Sure (@forsure) said on 5th August 2013, 8:19

Puma enters the exciting new market of lab safety clothing.

4. I would like to officially open the Marenello cloning facility by injecting this beaker with DNA taken from Adrian Newey’s last hair follicle

5. Mads (@mads) said on 5th August 2013, 13:12

Alonso is testing his new race gloves. Protective, cool and more importantly less bulky. Enabling much faster in car tweets on Sunday.

6. Webbo (@webbo82) said on 5th August 2013, 15:21

Alonso: “What? Didn’t Vettel say he preferred RAI because the chemistry wasn’t right?”

7. ‘Does the carpet match the drapes?’

8. scss (@scss) said on 5th August 2013, 18:59

Wait until we add this to his energy drink.

9. modestee said on 5th August 2013, 22:04

“If they are making F1 cars then I will start making sport drinks..” mumble mumble..

10. Theoddkiwi (@theoddkiwi) said on 6th August 2013, 5:10

They told me i was going to take part in a secret test… Err not quite what i’d hoped

11. bruce (@eliy) said on 6th August 2013, 10:18

Look at what Adrian Newey have done, he should put his talents toward something useful, like rocket science. It’s just screwing up the sport.

12. claudio (@claudio) said on 6th August 2013, 10:28

So, at the end of this unpaid internship you’ll speak about me with Mateschitz … right, Shell?

13. claudio (@claudio) said on 6th August 2013, 10:32

… and how long do I have to wait before I put it into Seb’s car?

14. claudio (@claudio) said on 6th August 2013, 10:33

Are you 100% sure Mateschitz will be impressed that I can produce an (engine) energy drink?

15. Clem said on 6th August 2013, 13:51

Are you really sure Vettel drinks this?