2013 F1 season
Sergey Sirotkin has had a seat-fitting at Sauber as the team considers promoting him to their race line-up for 2014.
The 17-year-old Russian driver was first linked to the team after they agreed a new investment deal with three Russian organisations.
In addition to his seat fitting Sirotkin said he “met the engineers and learned about the car and what happens over a race weekend. I also had a lesson with the steering wheel.”
“I am happy because, if you had told me six months ago that one day I would visit this workshop and meet this team, I would have never believed you,” he added. “It’s great. The dream is so close to becoming reality now.”
Sirotkin will perform a demonstration run for Sauber in Sochi on September 27th. The city is set to host the first Russian Grand Prix next year.
Pictures: Sergey Sirotkin has seat fitting at Sauber
- Mark Webber’s F1 career in pictures
- Top ten pictures from the 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix
- 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix in pictures
- 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix qualifying in pictures
- 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix practice in pictures
Images © Sauber