Sergey Sirotkin has had a seat-fitting at Sauber as the team considers promoting him to their race line-up for 2014.
The 17-year-old Russian driver was first linked to the team after they agreed a new investment deal with three Russian organisations.
In addition to his seat fitting Sirotkin said he “met the engineers and learned about the car and what happens over a race weekend. I also had a lesson with the steering wheel.”
“I am happy because, if you had told me six months ago that one day I would visit this workshop and meet this team, I would have never believed you,” he added. “It?óÔé¼Ôäós great. The dream is so close to becoming reality now.”
Some F1 drivers have expressed doubt over whether Sirotkin, who turns 18 next week, is experienced enough to race in F1. “I wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót ready at 18,” said Lewis Hamilton, “and I was pretty good at 18”.
Sirotkin will perform a demonstration run for Sauber in Sochi on September 27th. The city is set to host the first Russian Grand Prix next year.
Pictures: Sergey Sirotkin has seat fitting at Sauber
- Pictures: McLaren reveal new car and orange livery
- Pictures: Ferrari’s new F1 car for 2017 revealed
- Pictures: World champions Mercedes reveal new 2017 car
- Pictures: Force India reveal their 2017 car at Silverstone
- Pictures: Renault’s new F1 car for 2017 breaks cover
Images ?é?® Sauber