With Rush about to open in cinemas worldwide another film about Formula One is hot on its heels.
1 is a documentary which shows how the sport reacted to the rising wave of fatal driver accidents in the seventies and reformed to become safer. The first trailer has just emerged (above).
It tells the story of how drivers took a stand to demand better safety standards as escalating speeds presented ever-greater dangers. The film, narrated by actor Michael Fassbender, uses archive material and “rare personal 16mm film footage” in addition to official material from FOM.
A large roster of Formula One personalities were interviewed for the film including Bernie Ecclestone, Max Mosley, Michael Schumacher, Jackie Stewart, Emerson Fittipaldi, Sebastian Vettel, Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Mario Andretti, Nigel Mansell, Niki Lauda, John Surtees and Damon Hill.
The film will be available to download from October 1st.
- New video of Ricciardo’s qualifying crash
- “This car is wide!” Hamilton narrates a lap in the W08
- Video: Watch McLaren launch their new 2017 car live
- Video: Hulkenberg has first Renault run
- Top ten F1 fans’ videos of the 2016 season
Browse all F1 videos