Former McLaren team mates Mika Hakkinen and David Coulthard reunited to drive some of their former team’s classic F1 cars.
Hakkinen was reunited with the MP4-13 he won the 1998 world championship with. Meanwhile Coulthard got to drive the car which Lewis Hamilton took to the drivers’ championship ten year’s later, during Coulthard’s final season.
Coulthard also drove an MP4-4, the team’s most successful car, which won 15 out of 16 races in 1988. And Hakkinen sampled an M23 similar to that used by Emerson Fittipaldi and James Hunt to win world championships in 1974 an 1976.
The day was filmed by BBC for a special feature on McLaren’s 50th anniversary.
- 2015 Russian Grand Prix practice in pictures
- 2015 Russian Grand Prix build-up in pictures
- Top ten pictures from the 2015 Japanese Grand Prix
- 2015 Japanese Grand Prix in pictures
- 2015 Japanese Grand Prix qualifying in pictures
Images ?é?® BBC/Thane Bruckland