2014 F1 calendar
The provisional 2014 F1 calendar features a record 21 races and sees Mexico return as New Jersey is dropped again.
The draft calendar, revealed by Autosport, features three races not on this year’s schedule in Mexico, Austria and Russia. The latter will take place at a new venue in Sochi.
A planned race on the streets of New Jersey, which was originally on the 2013 schedule but later dropped, has failed to find a place again. Bernie Ecclestone has said on several occasions the chances of the race happening looked doubtful.
There is no Indian Grand Prix on the planned schedule but is expected to return in 2015.
Korea will move from its present October slot to an April date, though it is listed as being subject to approval, as are the Mexican and Russian races. The latter pair will take place towards the end of the 21-race schedule.
Some team principals had previously said they do not want to see the schedule extend beyond 20 races, as there were on last year’s calendar.
2014 F1 season
- Vote for your Abu Dhabi GP Driver of the Weekend
- Twice-champion Hamilton ousts Alonso as one of F1’s top five winners
- Ferrari replace Mattiacci as team principal
- Caterham to test in Abu Dhabi with Stevens
- Hamilton clinches championship in style, Rosberg accepts defeat with dignity
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Williams/LAT