Rate the race: 2013 Italian Grand Prix

2013 Italian Grand Prix

Nico Hulkenberg, Sauber, Monza, 2013What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Italian Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (3%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (5%)
  • 4 (10%)
  • 5 (19%)
  • 6 (27%)
  • 7 (21%)
  • 8 (10%)
  • 9 (2%)
  • 10 (1%)

Total Voters: 648

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2013 Italian Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Italian Grand Prix articles

243 comments on Rate the race: 2013 Italian Grand Prix

1. Bobby (@f1bobby) said on 8th September 2013, 14:34

Would have been dull as dishwater if not for Hamilton; always where the action is. :) 7/10

2. GeeMac (@geemac) said on 8th September 2013, 14:35

6. Good charge by Hamilton at the end kept it interesting.

3. Saints (@saints) said on 8th September 2013, 14:35

3, very boring race. I don’t care about guys fighting for 9th place.

4. markyrc (@markyrc) said on 8th September 2013, 14:37

Not the best race, but still, good fights at the end and a great result for Sauber and Hulk. I give it a solid 6.

5. sato113 (@sato113) said on 8th September 2013, 14:38

last stint with hamilton and raikkonnen fighting through made it a 6. everything else was boring as hell.
    i hate red bull saying ‘it was tough’ etc. and ‘we had problems’. rubbish!

• CeeVee (@ceevee) said on 8th September 2013, 19:09

Not sure why I can’t warm to Vettel. Perhaps it’s because he’s a charisma-free zone. Perhaps because I regard him as a fast driver rather than a racer, much in the mould of Damon Hill. Perhaps because I can’t empathise with the smugness of the whole team. Perhaps because he seems to have a charmed life in terms of having car problems but still ending up with points. All I know is that I’m happier if anybody but Vettel is winning.

6. Mouse_Nightshirt (@mouse_nightshirt) said on 8th September 2013, 14:40

Fairly dull race for me. A little bit of action later in the race but was a procession up front. 6/10 from me.

7. An okay 6, I guess. All the tension at the start came to nothing. The Bulls just too dominant, I’m afraid! But still decent lower midfield action nonethless

8. LotsOfControl (@for-unlawful-carnal-knowledge) said on 8th September 2013, 14:44

Monza is usually dull people. Just look it up.

9. DaveF1 (@davef1) said on 8th September 2013, 14:45

5/10 Average. Boring at the front and midfield action was ok.

10. LotsOfControl (@for-unlawful-carnal-knowledge) said on 8th September 2013, 14:45

6,5 from me.

11. Not horrible, not great either. But given it’s all part of a new standard for this half of the season I’ll rate it 7/10.

DRS was right, tyres were right. Some good overtakes, the midfield was pretty competitive with Raikkonen and Hamilton thrown in there. Glad Torro Rosso and Sauber caught a good weekend here and made the whole thing a bit less boring. Otherwise, pretty average at the front, not much different than what happened at Spa really. Some rain probably would have helped…

But to be honest I’d be very surprised if the forthcoming races up to Abu Dhabi will deliver results of a different nature. This is probably as good as this end of the season is going to get, bar Yas Marina, COTA and Interlagos (races which probably won’t matter in the economy of the WDC and WCC anyway). So, yeah, 7 sounds about right.

12. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 8th September 2013, 14:48

kudos for Hulkenberg!!!!!!!

13. John H (@john-h) said on 8th September 2013, 14:48

6/10. As Gary Anderson mentioned on the BBC, couldn’t Ferrari have left Massa out there to ‘destroy his [Vettel's] race’?

• @john-h he’d have overtaken him fairly quickly I imagine, and absolutely no way would they get away with it if Massa crashed into him.

So I don’t think there’d be a great benefit – they’re better to take the constructor’s points.

14. Ed Marques (@edmarques) said on 8th September 2013, 14:49

Hamilton kept me awake.
    For the rest, easy win for Vettel and Red Bull. They were miles ahead this weekend.

15. Leader off into the distance, Ferrari strategy failure, recovery drives from “championship contenders” (that led to respectively 2 and 0 points), bunching up & Drs’ing.
    standard race in terms of excitement, but the final deathblow for the championship (gap is more than 2 race wins now!)
    4/10 for the race weekend due to predictability