Caption Competition 36: Massa and Smedley

Caption competition

Rob Smedley, Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 2012

Felipe Massa, who is counting down his final half-dozen races as a Ferrari driver, is the subject of our latest Caption Competition.

Here he is pictured with race engineer Rob Smedley who has been with Massa throughout the highs and lows of his Ferrari tenure.

Can you think up a funny caption for this picture?

Submit your funniest suggestion in the comments and a selection of the best will be chosen for tomorrrow’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

202 comments on Caption Competition 36: Massa and Smedley

1. Smedely: “Here’s my handle and here’s my sp…. what’s wrong Felipe? You love my teapot routine.”

2. RS: “…and get these stickers of Tamara from the car before Kimi comes in. With Lotus salary, he can’t afford her anyway…”

3. AH AH AH AH STAYIN’ ALIVE, STAYIN’ ALIVE

..c’mom Phillip. Join in!

4. Ian (@ian-f1) said on 30th September 2013, 11:56

Get back there and get your jab back!

5. Massa: ‘Equality my foot!! I only get a stool to sit on while fancy boy Alonso gets a fancy custom built chair’
    Smedley: ‘If you don’t like boyo, that way is the door!”

6. t3rribl3on3 (@t3rribl3on3) said on 30th September 2013, 12:58

“Don’t forget to pack the white visors on your way out”

7. AdamRHolt (@adamrholt) said on 30th September 2013, 13:16

No,no no, Massa. It’s night fever, night fever!

8. Chris (@mccosmic) said on 30th September 2013, 13:59

Smedley loses it & breaks into a full song & dance routine of ‘Stayin alive’ -
    “Whether you’re a brother or whether you’re a mother,
    You’re stayin alive, stayin alive.
    Feel the city breakin and everybody shakin,
    And were stayin alive, stayin alive.
    Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin alive, stayin alive.
    Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin alive.
    Life goin nowhere.somebody help me.
    Somebody help me, yeah.
    Life goin nowhere.somebody help me, yeah.
    I’m stayin alive.”

Massa, not for the first time is unable to respond!

9. James (@jamesjames123abc) said on 30th September 2013, 14:02

Smedley: “You go on the pitwall, I’ll get into the car.”

10. Lowell Reed said on 30th September 2013, 14:28

If you go down here, you can catch Bus #36 which will take you to the train station. Ferrari will only pay for a 3rd class seat from Milan to Singapore. Don’t worry, its only a 9 day trip.

11. Neven13 said on 30th September 2013, 14:33

“The door is that way”

12. hunocsi (@hunocsi) said on 30th September 2013, 15:15

Yep, I know I’m late, but I wasn’t home…

“Rob does the Charleston so badly it’s embarrassing!”

13. “If you don’t point where you wanna go, you will go where you point, by the way the Lotus garage is over there…”

14. Georgec986 said on 30th September 2013, 17:26

Now listen Felipe
    My jacket goes on that hook, my shoes right below it. Make the coffee hot, one sugar with a splash of milk.
    And stop playing all that samba music, I’ve been faking my love of it for a long time.

15. ROB: “Go and leave me alone, I’ll try to have the opportunity to work with a real pilot”
    FEL: “Yes I know, let me be just a little longer to savor how good it is to be a top team”