Felipe Massa says he is only interested in driving for a team that can be competitive in 2014.
Massa, who will be replaced at Ferrari by Kimi Raikkonen next year, says his management has “talked with a few teams” about a drive in 2014.
“For the moment we I think some good opportunities,” he said during the Korean Grand Prix press conference. “It’s better to wait and say in the right time.”
Massa added he is “quite optimistic we’re going to find a good arrangement, a good solution” for 2014.
“As I said I’ve not changed my mind, I want to have a car that can give me some good possibilities to fight, not a car that I will not have a chance to fight. So if I have that I’m not interested.”
The seat left vacant by Raikkonen at Lotus appears to be Massa’s best chance of landing a seat with a front-running team next year.
2013 Korean Grand Prix
- Hulkenberg takes second Driver of the Weekend win
- Hectic Korean Grand Prix gets above average rating
- “We punched above our weight” – Hulkenberg
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
Image ?é?® Ferrari/Ercole Colombo