Lewis Hamilton says he is encouraged by Mercedes strong showing in Friday practice ahead of the Korean Grand Prix.
Hamilton was quickest in both practice sessions and his race engineer said his long-run pace was “very competitive” during the second session.
“It’s been a good day,” said Hamilton. “Really happy with the way everything’s gone and we’ve got some improvements to make for sure set-up wise but we look like we’re competitive like we were in the last race.”
“I definitely feel like I have a bit of a better foundation this weekend. Today, I can’t remember the last time I had a really strong Friday so let’s hope that continues for the weekend.”
Hamilton added he expects to make further gains: “The car feels good, I’ve got some tweaks to make to it but it should be good for tomorrow.”
2013 Korean Grand Prix
- Hulkenberg takes second Driver of the Weekend win
- Hectic Korean Grand Prix gets above average rating
- “We punched above our weight” – Hulkenberg
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
Image ?é?® Daimler/Hoch Zwei