Jules Bianchi has been handed a three-place grid penalty for impeding Paul di Resta during qualifying for the Korean Grand Prix.
However as Bianchi qualified 21st he will only be moved back one place on the grid, promoting team mate Max Chilton.
The stewards ruled Bianchi did not heed the advice of his team to allow Di Resta to overtake him during Q1: “The driver of car 22 (on an out lap) was given a radio warning of the approach of car 14 (on a fast lap) but decided to stay on line to start his own flying lap.”
“The stewards consider that car 22 could have safely allowed car 14 to pass before starting his flying lap.”
Bianchi was also given a reprimand, which is the second he has received so far this year.
Di Resta was still able to reach Q2 despite being held up by Bianchi.
2013 Korean Grand Prix
- Hulkenberg takes second Driver of the Weekend win
- Hectic Korean Grand Prix gets above average rating
- “We punched above our weight” – Hulkenberg
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
Image ?é?® Marussia