Kimi Raikkonen says he made a mistake on his Q3 lap which left him tenth in qualifying for the Korean Grand Prix.
Raikkonen, who will start ninth following Mark Webber’s penalty, had a scruffy run through the middle sector of the lap and didn’t have another new set of super-soft tyres to do another run on.
“I have one new set of tyres, I made a mistake so I knew already in that point that the lap was gone but that’s how it goes,” said Raikkonen.
Team mate Romain Grosjean saved enough super-soft tyres to do two runs in qualifying and will start third.
Raikkonen admitted he hasn’t been happy with the balance of his car so far this weekend but believes he will be in better shape for the race. “I expect it to be a bit better,” he said.
“I was really struggling with the front end the whole weekend. Hopefully in the race it should be a bit more better.”
2013 Korean Grand Prix
- Hulkenberg takes second Driver of the Weekend win
- Hectic Korean Grand Prix gets above average rating
- “We punched above our weight” – Hulkenberg
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
Image ?é?® Lotus/LAT