Rate the race: 2013 Korean Grand Prix

2013 Korean Grand Prix

Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, Korea International Circuit, 2013What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Korean Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 Korean Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (3%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (1%)
  • 4 (3%)
  • 5 (4%)
  • 6 (9%)
  • 7 (20%)
  • 8 (33%)
  • 9 (19%)
  • 10 (7%)

Total Voters: 680

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2013 Korean Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Korean Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty

220 comments on Rate the race: 2013 Korean Grand Prix

1. Daffron said on 6th October 2013, 11:45

Tyres made of cheese spread and DRS overtakes reminiscent of my daily M6 commute. Current F1 rules have given me a greater appreciation of other racing series, particularly MotoGP.

2. MazdaChris (@mazdachris) said on 6th October 2013, 11:52

My favourite moment was when they deployed the unsafety car

3. Anele (@anele-mbethe) said on 6th October 2013, 12:07

8/10 . The gap to vettel was not massive and the were battles all over, besides for the lead unfortunately. Watching hulkenburg pass hamilton then managing to keep him at bay for the rest of the race was incredible.

4. gzegzolek (@gzegzolek) said on 6th October 2013, 12:12

Very good race if there wasn’t Vettel. It’s realy boring but not winnig Vettel but hole Red Bull and a specialy Horner.
    A week ago he was saying that they hadn’t so much time lap advantage. Today they still have.
    Theirs advantage during the race is so big as they want or needed. After restart Vetell sllip away and when he did he was safing tires.
    And THE TIRES.
    After Canadian GP Vettel even he won he was complaing on the Pirelli tires.
    Today he wins GP after GP and everything is good.
    But when some has say something about Vettel or RedBull it’s almost unacceptable because it is unfair.

5. Mike Dee (@mike-dee) said on 6th October 2013, 12:31

Two races on a row, the same three drivers retired: DIR, WEB, RIC.

And two races in a row with a Vettel Grand Shelem.

6. F1sauber (@f1sauber) said on 6th October 2013, 12:34

Thanks to Sauber great Hulkenberg revived the race, fighting against Hamilton and Alonso is something few can pride themselves in winning! Tyres continue to be an issue however, do they ruin the race? Do they help the race? Can’t figure it out!

7. MarcusAurelius (@marcusaurelius) said on 6th October 2013, 13:05

Great battle for the lead and a gigantic fight for 3rd place.

Oh no, wait…. That Vettel guy was still in front of them….

This GP was saved by Hulkenberg and the TV director. I vote for the TV Director as Man of the Race!

• Hamilfan (@hamilfan) said on 6th October 2013, 13:28

+1 can’t do anything about Vettel .” man of the race ” seems legit to me after witnessing fireworks in Singapore in the closing laps . At least we saw some fireworks from the front wing this time ;-)

8. jonblack666 (@) said on 6th October 2013, 14:04

Becoming a bit predictable The Evil Empire does it again and again. One team dominance make it good for f1 but bad for racing i.e. the Shumi years. The moral of the story is you can buy the championship. Thanks Danko makowhatever. I hope next years reg change will balance things but I am afraid it won’t. 2\10

9. pstaffan (@pstaffan) said on 6th October 2013, 14:47

Is it just me or is a win worth too much ? if a chasing driver comes in 3d or 4th he is directly far behind :(
    There should be more points handed out, maby down to the 12th place.

10. Bobby (@f1bobby) said on 6th October 2013, 14:59

It got good when they decided to chuck a fire truck on the track at racing speed.

I gave it a 7, the action was a bit contrived; were it not for the safety cars it would have been worse than Singapore.

Vettel is embarrassing the rest of the field (and I say that as someone who can’t stand him!)

11. glenj (@glenj) said on 6th October 2013, 15:10

I dont really care for a fight for 10th or 8th, or whatever. Also dont understand how ppl get excited about ‘passing in the pits’. We are being robbed of the chance to see at least 3 or 4 of the greatest drivers fighting for the position that matters most. 1st. If its the same next year then i’ll be sticking with Moto GP. Proper racing

12. Konstantinos (@constantinei) said on 6th October 2013, 15:19

I agree that the battle for 4th place was great but it’s just a battle for the 4th place. Not even 2nd place. Plus our only chance of watching an interesting race lately is hoping that it will rain or that Seb will retire. I cannot rate this race higher than 6 simply because my 10 are races like the 1995 Belgian grand Prix, 1999 French Grand Prix, 2006 Chinese Grand Prix or 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix. Compared to the above races today’s Korean Grand Prix doesn’t stand a chance. So it’s a very linient 6 for me.

• 91jb12 (@91jb12) said on 6th October 2013, 15:25

So that Villeneuve/Arnoux battle was pointless and boring because it was only for 2nd place art Dijon in 1979.
      Whilst it helps if something rides on it, I could enjoy a battle for 21st if the racing is fair and exciting and if TV showed it!

• David not Coulthard (@) said on 6th October 2013, 16:42

And if somebody of Vettel’s calibre driving a car of the MP4/4′s calibre is running 22nd when the battle happens, at least for me.

• Konstantinos (@constantinei) said on 6th October 2013, 18:35

I don’t believe that my point was that the Villeneuve/Arnoux battle at Dijon was boring and pointless! Maybe it’s one of the most amazing battles in the history of formula 1. But I believe that we rate the race here not just the Hulk-Lewis-Alonso battle. The battle itself of course it was great but I don’t think that this is enough to rate the race higher! Just saying…

13. budchekov (@budchekov) said on 6th October 2013, 16:02

Two hours of commentators yakking about tires clapping out, fast guys cruising, NOT RACING; to protect them.
    High spot of the race? After chugging around for ages Lewis finally, in frustration, telling the crew his tires were “******”….and the ensuing humor of Hobbs and Co.
    If this is racing F1′s in real trouble.
    5 (and that’s generous)

14. dkpioe said on 6th October 2013, 16:17

Hamilton has been reported as saying that he and Alonso shouldn’t be fighting for fifth because they are “higher calibre” drivers and should be fighting with vettel. well unfortunantly he first has to beat drivers like kimi, grosjean and now hulkenburg. I suspect he is upset and jealous because there is yet another driver (hulk) taking up where he feels he “belongs”. Today Grosjean showed Hamilton who is boss by passing him and then defending superbly, and also after the first pitstops defending superbly. Hulkenburg then did the same to Hamilton. I find hamiltons comments highly disrespectful to the other drivers on the grid when he couldn’t beat hulk and grosjean fair and square and feels entitled to be in a podium position.

15. LosD (@losd) said on 6th October 2013, 16:23

I might be daft, but I certainly do not see anything positive about fast cars not being able to pass slow cars. This was why DRS was introduced in the first place.

I _really_ hope the fascination with it, is a reaction to the borefests as of late, and maybe a bit of an underdog putting up a fight, because that was just rediculous.

Worst part was that the two DRS detection points made it more artificial than ever: Hamilton had to NOT overtake when he got the chance, because he risked being punished at the next straight. How anyone can find anything positive in that, I have no idea.