Lotus team principal Eric Boullier says weight will not influence their choice of driver for 2014.
The new 2014 engine regulations are expected to place driver weight at a premium as some teams are struggling to reach the revised minimum weight limit.
However Boullier indicated Lotus would be willing to take a heavier driver next year as they search for a replacement for Kimi Raikkonen.
“We?óÔéĽÔäóre more interested in the talent and potential of a driver rather than the difference of a few kilos,” he said.
“We have confidence in our development team to be able to produce a car for the 2014 regulations which should be competitive in the hands of any driver we consider for next year.”
2013 Korean Grand Prix
- Hulkenberg takes second Driver of the Weekend win
- Hectic Korean Grand Prix gets above average rating
- “We punched above our weight” – Hulkenberg
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
Image ?é?® Sauber