2014 F1 season
Lotus team principal Eric Boullier says weight will not influence their choice of driver for 2014.
The new 2014 engine regulations are expected to place driver weight at a premium as some teams are struggling to reach the revised minimum weight limit.
However Boullier indicated Lotus would be willing to take a heavier driver next year as they search for a replacement for Kimi Raikkonen.
“We?óÔéĽÔäóre more interested in the talent and potential of a driver rather than the difference of a few kilos,” he said.
“We have confidence in our development team to be able to produce a car for the 2014 regulations which should be competitive in the hands of any driver we consider for next year.”
2013 Korean Grand Prix
- Hulkenberg takes second Driver of the Weekend win
- Hectic Korean Grand Prix gets above average rating
- “We punched above our weight” – Hulkenberg
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 Korean Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
Image ?é?® Sauber
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others