The Korean Grand Prix was a feast for F1 technophiles – not only was Lewis Hamilton roaming the paddock wearing Google Glass but one fan got what appears to be the first footage of a Formula One race shot in 4K quality.
The ultra high definition videos were shot using a Galaxy Note 3 phone produced by South Korean company Samsung.
Mainstream UHD broadcasts are a long way off but next year a Japanese broadcaster is planning to show some World Cup football matches in 4K quality.
F1’s first high definition broadcasts began in 2011.
- Montoya plays down Le Mans rumours after Porsche WEC test
- Top ten: Longest Formula One grand prix circuits
- Sergio Perez’s Route to F1
- Onboard lap of the new-look Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
- Eurocup supporting F1 at Monaco? Expect carnage
Browse all F1 videos