The Korean Grand Prix was a feast for F1 technophiles – not only was Lewis Hamilton roaming the paddock wearing Google Glass but one fan got what appears to be the first footage of a Formula One race shot in 4K quality.
The ultra high definition videos were shot using a Galaxy Note 3 phone produced by South Korean company Samsung.
Mainstream UHD broadcasts are a long way off but next year a Japanese broadcaster is planning to show some World Cup football matches in 4K quality.
F1’s first high definition broadcasts began in 2011.
- Alonso impressed by Honda’s “scientific approach”
- We won’t win in Australia but we’ll improve – Button
- First pictures: Red Bull RB11 appears in camouflage
- Red Bull “manning up” for life after Newey
- First pictures and video: Ferrari SF-15T revealed
Browse all F1 videos