The Korean Grand Prix was a feast for F1 technophiles – not only was Lewis Hamilton roaming the paddock wearing Google Glass but one fan got what appears to be the first footage of a Formula One race shot in 4K quality.
The ultra high definition videos were shot using a Galaxy Note 3 phone produced by South Korean company Samsung.
Mainstream UHD broadcasts are a long way off but next year a Japanese broadcaster is planning to show some World Cup football matches in 4K quality.
F1’s first high definition broadcasts began in 2011.
- New video compares Hamilton, Rosberg and Verstappen’s corner-cutting
- Three new video angles of Mexico’s turn one controversy
- Moto GP star Jorge Lorenzo drives Mercedes F1 car
- New video of Hulkenberg’s alarming first-lap crash
- Ricciardo still coming to terms with losing Spain win
Browse all F1 videos