The Korean Grand Prix was a feast for F1 technophiles – not only was Lewis Hamilton roaming the paddock wearing Google Glass but one fan got what appears to be the first footage of a Formula One race shot in 4K quality.
The ultra high definition videos were shot using a Galaxy Note 3 phone produced by South Korean company Samsung.
Mainstream UHD broadcasts are a long way off but next year a Japanese broadcaster is planning to show some World Cup football matches in 4K quality.
F1’s first high definition broadcasts began in 2011.
- Top ten: Most competitive F1 championships
- Vettel has first run for Ferrari at Fiorano
- Hamilton & Mercedes celebrate titles at Stars & Cars
- Test secured Sainz’s F1 promotion, says Marko
- First McLaren-Honda test “went very well” – Boullier
Browse all F1 videos