The Korean Grand Prix was a feast for F1 technophiles – not only was Lewis Hamilton roaming the paddock wearing Google Glass but one fan got what appears to be the first footage of a Formula One race shot in 4K quality.
The ultra high definition videos were shot using a Galaxy Note 3 phone produced by South Korean company Samsung.
Mainstream UHD broadcasts are a long way off but next year a Japanese broadcaster is planning to show some World Cup football matches in 4K quality.
F1’s first high definition broadcasts began in 2011.
- Eurocup supporting F1 at Monaco? Expect carnage
- WRC title won while rain triggers Nurburgring drama
- Weekend Racing Wrap: The 2015 season so far
- Formula 3000 memories: 2001-04
- Formula 3000 memories: 1997-2000
Browse all F1 videos