The Korean Grand Prix was a feast for F1 technophiles – not only was Lewis Hamilton roaming the paddock wearing Google Glass but one fan got what appears to be the first footage of a Formula One race shot in 4K quality.
The ultra high definition videos were shot using a Galaxy Note 3 phone produced by South Korean company Samsung.
Mainstream UHD broadcasts are a long way off but next year a Japanese broadcaster is planning to show some World Cup football matches in 4K quality.
F1’s first high definition broadcasts began in 2011.
- Kubica may have crashed out of rallying for good
- Watch F1 rookie Ayrton Senna beat ten world champions in identical cars
- “Who do you think you are – Lewis Hamilton?”
- McLaren is latest team to reveal an ‘F1 car of the future’ design
- Montoya plays down Le Mans rumours after Porsche WEC test
Browse all F1 videos