The Korean Grand Prix was a feast for F1 technophiles – not only was Lewis Hamilton roaming the paddock wearing Google Glass but one fan got what appears to be the first footage of a Formula One race shot in 4K quality.
The ultra high definition videos were shot using a Galaxy Note 3 phone produced by South Korean company Samsung.
Mainstream UHD broadcasts are a long way off but next year a Japanese broadcaster is planning to show some World Cup football matches in 4K quality.
F1’s first high definition broadcasts began in 2011.
- First pictures and video: Ferrari SF-15T revealed
- Mercedes W06 revealed testing at Silverstone
- Alonso braced for teething troubles at Jerez
- Button says he and Alonso “like a similar car”
- Top ten: Most competitive F1 championships
Browse all F1 videos