The Korean Grand Prix was a feast for F1 technophiles – not only was Lewis Hamilton roaming the paddock wearing Google Glass but one fan got what appears to be the first footage of a Formula One race shot in 4K quality.
The ultra high definition videos were shot using a Galaxy Note 3 phone produced by South Korean company Samsung.
Mainstream UHD broadcasts are a long way off but next year a Japanese broadcaster is planning to show some World Cup football matches in 4K quality.
F1′s first high definition broadcasts began in 2011.
- Williams pleased to “luck into” Mercedes engine deal
- Williams confirm Martini sponsorship and reveal livery
- Mercedes reveal interactive 360-degree video of W05
- ‘Most races will be fuel-limited’ – Newey
- ‘Some races will be flat out’ – Fry
Browse all F1 videos