The Korean Grand Prix was a feast for F1 technophiles – not only was Lewis Hamilton roaming the paddock wearing Google Glass but one fan got what appears to be the first footage of a Formula One race shot in 4K quality.
The ultra high definition videos were shot using a Galaxy Note 3 phone produced by South Korean company Samsung.
Mainstream UHD broadcasts are a long way off but next year a Japanese broadcaster is planning to show some World Cup football matches in 4K quality.
F1′s first high definition broadcasts began in 2011.
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- 2014 Italian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Ricciardo aims to be in title hunt at final round
- Montezemolo confirms Ferrari departure
- Rosberg says he cut chicane to avoid tyre damage
Browse all F1 videos