Rate the race: 2013 Indian Grand Prix

2013 Indian Grand Prix

Start, Buddh International Circuit, 2013What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Indian Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 Indian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (5%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (3%)
  • 4 (5%)
  • 5 (8%)
  • 6 (21%)
  • 7 (20%)
  • 8 (18%)
  • 9 (10%)
  • 10 (8%)

Total Voters: 502

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2013 Indian Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Indian Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty

111 comments on Rate the race: 2013 Indian Grand Prix

1. My judgement is obviously going to be slightly impared right now, but I’m going to say 6. The DRS was too powerful, but for most of the race something was happening, so it never got too boring. The softs were appalling though!

Condolences to Mark Webber also.

2. DaveF1 (@davef1) said on 27th October 2013, 11:27

Good

– Interesting start which mixed things up for some drivers
    – Variety of strategies which made the race exciting for about 10 laps
    – Somewhat interesting end

Bad

– Stupidly powerful DRS what made overtaking look ridiculously easy and totally eliminated defensive driving.
    – Circuit design mean there was no where to overtake apart from the stupid DRS zone.
    – Webber retiring while in a certain podium through no fault of his own.

Yeah I give it a 4

3. Rigi (@rigi) said on 27th October 2013, 11:28

gave it a 7/10, strategic race with a lot of overtakes. still it lacked something. great drives from vettel and once again, grosjean! so gutted for webber.

4. tmekt (@tmekt) said on 27th October 2013, 11:29

Actually gave it a 9.

The race was pretty eventful I think and the strategic battle was very interesting. Similar in ways to classic races like Suzuka 2005.

5. Fixy (@fixy) said on 27th October 2013, 11:29

6/10
    Mediocre; average. A few nice moments which spared it from a below-6 rating, but not much more.

6. magon4 (@magon4) said on 27th October 2013, 11:30

Very strong races by Perez (nice to see that!) and Grosjean, Vettel had it under control.
    Since it’s historical, and their were some nice battles, it is an 8.

7. Loup Garou (@loup-garou) said on 27th October 2013, 11:34

I thought that it was great and Vettel’s namaskara at the end to salute his car was very appropriate in India where it will be appreciated.

8. Chris (@tophercheese21) said on 27th October 2013, 11:35

Quite a decent race. As a Hamilton fan it was so frustrating seeing him constantly lose out in the traction zones to Felipe in that battle. Just couldn’t get him.
    There were some really good battles.

And it’s gonna be interesting to see how Kimi’s relationship goes with Lotus after they swore at him to get out of the way.

Congratulations to Vettel on the Championship. Great achievement. Sure now he must be in the same sentence with the all-time greats.

And commiserations to Webber.

• danclapp (@danclapp) said on 27th October 2013, 12:14

Ham was well unlucky he should have pitted after Nico he would have jumped Felipe, yet instead he wrecks his tyres behind him. Its embarrasing how bad Merc are for Traction that car is so front end limited its crazy.

9. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 27th October 2013, 11:41

Vettel Grosjean and Perez were superb. Lotus keeps doing things half and half (Red Bull too with Webber, but clinched both championships today. Entertaining really. an 8

10. ogamii (@ogamii) said on 27th October 2013, 11:41

Didn’t enjoy the race to be honest but was impressed with Grosjean and it was great to see Sebs celebration at the end.

He deserves his success and I think he is handling himself very well. Screw the boo boys. I’m not a fan or at least haven’t been but this booing situation has got me supporting him a lot more.

11. Dizzy said on 27th October 2013, 11:49

True to my word, This will be the last F1 race I’ll watch this year.

These tyres are pathetic & I think DRS is the biggest joke I’ve ever seen in any form of Motorsport.
    Combined they have both killed my love of F1 the past 3 years, I’ve seen Vettel win the championship & since I cannot stand the racing the way it is now I won’t be watching F1 any further this season.

I’ll tune into the 1st races of 2014 to see how things are but if the tyres are still a joke & if DRS is still producing an endless stream of boringly, easy, bull, Unexciting highway passes then I’ll tune out & F1 will be dead to me.
    I’ve tried to stick with it but over the last 3 years DRS/Pirelli have sucked all my passion out & after around 40 years I simply cannot continue to watch something I’ve come to disdain.

• I feel your pain. DRS and Pirelli tyres are the worst thing that has ever happened to F1. My passion is at rock bottom and i almost felt nothing this race until Vettel was doing his donuts and throwing his gloves into the crowd. It hurts even more when the team/driver lineup is so strong yet the end result is so pathetic and unsatisfying. Why its not obvious to the powers that be will probably remain a mystery to me.

I rated this race 5/10. Average.

• Corrado (@corrado-dub) said on 27th October 2013, 17:17

Guys, don’t blame Pirelli. It’s not their fault. They just respect the “contract”. The problem is FIA and Ecclestone. Could be any tyre make in their place. The only thing I can blame Pirelli for, but it’s just a suspicion, is that they accepted anything FIA/Ecclestone imposed them just to be accepted in F1. Being “attached” to F1 means better image, then better sales etc.

• Sorry, i should’ve been clearer. I meant FIA’s decision to ask Pirelli to make a sub standard tyre. I have nothing against Pirelli as a company – They’re only following instructions from a bunch of idiots.

12. George (@george) said on 27th October 2013, 11:55

I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit, interesting strategies and apart from Vettel, an unexpected result. The racing was a little tame, I think that’s about as good as we’re going to get from this track though. A bonus point for the great atmosphere after the race, it really added to my enjoyment. 7/10.

13. Putti SPIII (@veldaarf1) said on 27th October 2013, 12:03

I liked the race. Gave it 8. I really hope it is back in 2015 and continues. The race proved that Pirelli’s choice of tyres for the previous two editions were too conservative. Given a few more races fans, I feel, will start liking it.

14. danclapp (@danclapp) said on 27th October 2013, 12:08

Please dont take this as critisism guys, ive said it many times the guy is so cool under pressure 2010 was mega, but i just dont think its right to say yes he is the best. I know he as the stats to back it up, but do you guys agree RBull have been in another league for some time, its not just Seb lately even Webber is racing well and we know he is not the 2nd best driver. Nothing taken away from Seb though guys, i dont get the hatred for him, some may laugh becu]ause of multi 21 but i genuinely think he is 1 of the most humble driver around who agrees?

Im so annoyed with Merc Ham was behind Ros all race and then they leave him out, how silly, Merc could never overtake in the straight. Why not bring Ham in after Ros he would have jumped Massa? And before anyone says well Ham would have run out of tyres anyway, i dont agree he got stuck behind Mr i get slower and slower during the race and wrecked his tyres. And im so happy for Gro this guy is really upped his game, Candice what do you have to say about Grosjean today? After yesterday critisising him.

15. danclapp (@danclapp) said on 27th October 2013, 12:12

I vote 6 i like Vet performance(although why always Webber its getting tyresome now) he got the job done 4XWC congrats. Lol at Button well out performed, Perez should be kept i said it early on why keep Button when all he has over Perez is racecraft and Experiance, Perez is not even a good qualifyer yet But has not made him look silly. So why not keep someone who is young and has time on his side over a 33-34 year old? who is only getting worst, even the most staunch JB fan would admit he wont be winning a WTitle. Theiris more chance of Perez doing it than JB, Perez is getting better and But getting worst.