Rate the race: 2013 Indian Grand Prix

2013 Indian Grand Prix

Start, Buddh International Circuit, 2013What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Indian Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 Indian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (5%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (3%)
  • 4 (5%)
  • 5 (8%)
  • 6 (21%)
  • 7 (20%)
  • 8 (18%)
  • 9 (10%)
  • 10 (8%)

Total Voters: 502

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2013 Indian Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Indian Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty

111 comments on Rate the race: 2013 Indian Grand Prix

1. taurus (@taurus) said on 27th October 2013, 16:43

DRS and appalling tyres. Cars are too reliable. FOM’s director is useless. Rubbish circuits in places that are only on the calendar through the money they pay. Robotic corporate drivers. Fining Vettel for his donuts. Penalties for EVERYTHING. The distinct lack of any racing for position.

Every form of motorsport I’ve watched this season has been thrilling, the exception being Formula One. F1 is just plain dull. Devoting my time to MotoGP and BTCC next season. Hope something changes my mind.

Race 2/10.

2. Lucas Wilson (@full-throttle-f1) said on 27th October 2013, 16:48

I have seen more people say they are not watching F1 again this year more than any other year. Sad.

3. Win7Golf (@win7golf) said on 27th October 2013, 16:49

Rate the Drivers: Best drivers from India GP: Romain Grosjean

Se b & Red Bull well diserved Champs.

Hope Merc hangs on 2nd place in Constructors!

Adrian Newey should algo get a medal (some say we will be made knight – Sir Adrian Newey – well deserved)

4. Mackeine Loveine (@cocaine-mackeine) said on 27th October 2013, 18:02

Good racing in the midfield. Some nice overtakes and strategies. Hats off to Perez, Grosjean, Massa and, obviously, The Great Vettel. Roll on 2014!

5. Timothy Katz (@timothykatz) said on 27th October 2013, 20:17

Depressing. I had more excitement in the bath. 4.
    Why ‘depressing’? Because I couldn’t give a toss about strategy, and I hate the very concept of tyre management and juggling the obligatory use of both grades. And DRS shouldn’t even be considered in a serious sport.
    What do I want? I want to see racing. Real racing between cars at the front of the field. A battle of sixth, seventh or tenth is a pleasant sideshow, but I want to see the top step of the podium being decided by racing on the track, not by a geek with a laptop back in ‘Mission Control’ deciding the right point for a tyre change. Let’s keep that for Endurance racing where it’s relevant in a race of three, six or twelve hours.
    I can’t be alone in finding the current incarnation of Formula 1 stultifyingly dull and unfulfiling. The stifling regulations, the stewards’ arcane decisions, the astronomical costs, the micro-management of the drivers both on and off the track have all contibuted to create a massively constipated, obese and redundant race series. Vettel is wrong; Formula E *is* far more the future than F1 in its current form.
    I’m going back to my bath.

6. dragoll (@dragoll) said on 27th October 2013, 23:22

I’m reading through the comments and I cannot believe the ratings I’m seeing. I saw a fantastic race yesterday. A WDC and WCC decided by a very gritty drive from VET. WEB dropping out was the disappointment for me, however, it introduced the risk of VET not finishing and to be told that he can’t use his drink bottle in 30+ degree heat for fear of overusing the alternator. That is a call that not many drivers get during a race.
    In regards to the race, the strategy was open slather, there were effectively 3 different strategies going on, those starting on options going for 3 stops, those starting on primes going 3 stops but using options for 2nd stint, and the crazy’s like Sutil, and Kimi going for 1 stop, and in Kimi’s case not quite making it.
    We saw names like RIC, HULK, MAS and SUT spend most of the race in front of the Mercs and Alonso’s Ferrari. The race was unpredictable right up to the end.
    There was overtaking, battles, defending and not too much controversy.
    Vettels celebrations were special last night, it is rare to see a driver exhibit such emotions in F1, and better yet, he flaunted with the fine he eventually he received for not adhering to the end of race procedures. It has been quite some time to see a driver win a WDC with a victory and it was exceptional to see that Vettel made the most of it.
    The fans were great too, and I will be sad when yet another Asian race is lost. I feel that more time is needed to allow the Asian fans to come to the sport, motorsport is new in many of these countries.
    As I saw it, it was a 10 out of 10…

7. Somethingwittyer (@somethingwittyer) said on 28th October 2013, 1:05

6/10. Everyone was on a different strategy so there really wasn’t any fighting for position going on. That does sum up a lot of races this year, but here it was especially noticeable . Closing laps were good (as expected) and there was a nice scrum from 10th at one point (thought the announcers on NBC made it impossible to follow), but besides RB and Vettel clinching the championship it was pretty forgettable.

8. Hamilfan (@hamilfan) said on 28th October 2013, 4:03

6/10

Actually I watched this one live , so I was not able to ascertain how interesting it was ( It was difficult to keep up with strategy from track side ) . But I was expecting some carnage at the start which did not happen . It looked like a boring race except for the first few laps . So a 6 ought to be okay . Congrats to Seb Vettel . I was also lucky to witness the angry eyes of Mark Webber as he hopped on a Honda Activa after his retirement from the race.

9. Was a fairly boring race apart from maybe the first and last 5 laps or so. Although it wasn’t as easy to see at the time Vettel had it won by what, about lap 8? (whenever he was within 21secs of the leaders). Everyone seemed to struggle with overtaking (with the exception of Vettel who breezed past anyone he needed to) apart from under DRS and with a decent tyre advantage.

But seriously, how much bad luck can Mark Webber get in one season? He’s been trounced by Vettel, noone can deny that, but i think there’s been maybe 2 races this season which haven’t been affected by technical failures, pitstop errors or just plain bad luck. 1 or 2 people have mentioned Webber’s points total suggesting he’s had an awful season, i disagree. I haven’t done the maths but i think he would be close to 2nd in the drivers’ championship if not for issues outwith his control. Really hope he can grab a win before he retires or at least a couple of podiums, he deserves more than he’s getting.

p.s. I wonder if Alonso intentionally didn’t score a point so he could re-use his “1571″ helmet ;)

10. Melchior (@melchior) said on 28th October 2013, 9:31

A 6 from me.
    Nice to see an F1 car doing Donuts:)
    An exceptional race from Grosjean

11. infernojim (@infernojim) said on 28th October 2013, 12:33

Fair few good battles. Intriguing strategy with crazy disparities between tyres allowing people to try a 1 stop / 2 stop or even a 3 stop and they all had merit. Good to see that – for instance, Kimi came very close to getting a 52 lap stint in a 1 stop to work out for him, and the way the track position worked, the team were able to roll the dice knowing that if he pitted again he’d come 7th, and if the tyres went off he’d also probably come 7th, but if they didn’t he might get 4th or 5th. That’s what it’s all about!

Vettel’s celebrations were spot on too and I’m glad that the FIA didn’t go too crazy with the penalties. A reprimand and a fine were spot on, we need to see that sort of personality, and I wish we saw the likes of this, or Alonso getting out and saluting the crowd at Spain or Kimi doing donuts at Spa in 2009 (?) more often.

Grosjean did a great job too, and both Force India drivers had good races in India. Good stuff.

12. PJA (@pja) said on 29th October 2013, 17:41

It was an okay race so I gave it a 7.

As is normally the case I always expected Vettel to take the win but there was enough action further down the field to keep me entertained.