Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery said: “We will be bringing to the Brazil race for P1 a couple of sets of tyres of the prototype for next season”.
F1’s official tyre supplier wants further chances to test the new tyres before the end of the year: “We’re hopeful to do a couple of tests in December and January with an old generation car,” said Hembery.
“And there’s been some good ideas going forward for what we could do during the pre-season itself,” he added.
“It’s clearly a big step forward. If we’re looking at it selfishly from our point of view being in Bahrain for pre-season testing: temperatures will be right, aggressive track, that will be very useful for us to understand the real impact of the new car.”
Pirelli are also conducting a 1,000km test with McLaren at Vallelunga before the end of the season.
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Pirelli/LAT