Jenson Button admitted the first-lap collision at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix which spoiled his race was his own doing.
“You make your own luck when you start down in 12th ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ where first-lap congestion is inevitable ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ and, sure enough, there was a little bit of argy-bargy into turn one,” he said.
“I duly locked-up both my front tyres, couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót slow the car down sufficiently, and drove into the back of Paul [di Resta], which broke my front-wing end-plate.”
This was the third time in four races Button had contact on the first lap. “It?óÔé¼Ôäós a real pity to keep on having first-lap incidents,” he said, “especially when the car is working reasonably well now”.
“I?óÔé¼Ôäóve been in a similar situation for the past two races, and things haven?óÔé¼Ôäót really gone my way.”
Button finished the race in 12th.
2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Sixth Driver of the Weekend win for Vettel
- 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Dull Abu Dhabi Grand Prix gets very low rating
- 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend in Tweets
Image ?é?® McLaren/Hoch Zwei