Rate the race: 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Start, Yas Marina, 2013What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (8%)
  • 2 (4%)
  • 3 (11%)
  • 4 (14%)
  • 5 (19%)
  • 6 (21%)
  • 7 (13%)
  • 8 (6%)
  • 9 (1%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 589

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix articles

Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty

185 comments on Rate the race: 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

1 2 3 6
  1. Booooooring.

2. PhilEReid (@philereid) said on 3rd November 2013, 14:43

Worst race of the season, 3/10. DRS ridiculous. Circuit is awful. Tyre’s actually better here.

3. Robert Tang (@robertthespy) said on 3rd November 2013, 14:44

I miss the time when Lewis was blazing through the field…

• kpcart said on 3rd November 2013, 15:14

he needs to up his game, he seems to only be able to be fastest in a race when there is no tyre wear, the other drivers are smarter and faster in more difficult conditions, ie Alonso who started 7 places behind Hamilton and finished ahead of him. at the moment his career reads that he hit his peak in his first season (when tyre wear wasn’t a concern) and didn’t get much better after.

• Must admit Lewis (merc) have dropped away some what in 2nd half of the season. Poor reflect on him when he qualifies high up or has poor quality.. Then as usual goes backwards in the race… Rosberg.. Seems to have refocused and is now aiming to finish of the year strongly.. Lewis is not driving like he’s serious about getting 2nd or even 3rd in Drivers championship! That saddens me. Ferrari well man don’t no whats happening there! Mclaren well let’s hope they respond next season!

• matt90 (@matt90) said on 4th November 2013, 2:06

To be fair, he was unlucky to immediately get boxed behind other cars at the start, which really set the tone for his race. Not to mention that he was unlucky to even be starting where he did. Of course, he did seem to fade anyway.

4. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 3rd November 2013, 14:44

First race I’ve been more on my PC than watching the race. Boring. Happy about Vettel though. 2

5. nmsi (@nmsi) said on 3rd November 2013, 14:45

Mediocre. No fight for lead or second place or third or fourth… No recovery drive from Räikkönen. Nearly no pass was made without DRS.

6. Sammo said on 3rd November 2013, 14:45

Boring.

7. That was average, just average. But a +1 point for dominant Vettel, he was on his own game today. 6.

• Was good. But Marks starts was poor as ever which is a shame.

The biggest shame tho was the strategy of some of the teams, they were really off the ball. They lost the time they did to seb due to being stuck in traffic all day. There tyres were not shot they had no need to pit early as Ferrari and Seb proved. Once webber had cut through the traffic he didnt lose much time at all to seb but it was stupidly to late.

8. Mathers (@mathers) said on 3rd November 2013, 14:47

I gave it a 7. Not outstanding but it has got to the point for me where I am enjoying watching Vettel’s skill at the wheel, and the race behind wasn’t exactly bad!

9. mixwell (@mixwell) said on 3rd November 2013, 14:47

what a boooooring race and racetrack.
    superb drive by Seb as usual but
    disappointed by Kimi.

• Krichelle (@krichelle) said on 3rd November 2013, 15:02

(@mixwell

It’s boring in the race I get it. But, when I drive this track in f1 2012 and 2010, the first and last sector feel so awesome to drive. Agree however, that DRS destroyed this race… It forces teams to setup cars based on DRS performance not optimal laptime.

• mixwell (@mixwell) said on 3rd November 2013, 15:11

@krichelle
        i’ve been to the track myself and no doubt it looks amazing, but DRS and the fact that most of the corners are no way overtake friendly ruins the race.

• Lou (@l-ciamp) said on 3rd November 2013, 15:31

Agreed, I gave it a 7 because anyone who plays F1 knows that this isn’t exactly the easiest track to race. Might be a little dull to watch but it’s amazing how easy they make it look.

• marsianwalrus (@einariliyev) said on 3rd November 2013, 16:56

It’s funny but I (also) almost always find that some of the boring-est tracks in F1 are really fun to drive in Codemasters’ games. Abu Dhabi, Valencia and Catalunya are some of my favourite tracks to drive. I absolutely despise Suzuka and Silverstone on the other hand.

• Krichelle (@krichelle) said on 3rd November 2013, 17:52

(@einariliyev

IKR mate? I find Valencia fun as well, especially the long last right hander after the second back straight. Flat out, high revs it’s fun. Silverstone is another case, I always go well there, particularly that I setup my car with high wings, for COPSE, MAGGOTS,BECKETTS AND STOWE!!!!

10. Jeevan (@jee1kimi) said on 3rd November 2013, 14:47

boring!!!!!!!!!! great drive by seb though….

11. jh1806 (@jh1806) said on 3rd November 2013, 14:48

Simply awful. The first race this season that didn’t keep me interested

12. Swindle94 (@swindle94) said on 3rd November 2013, 14:48

Seeing vettel lead and kimi out after the first 2 corners, you knew where the race was going… Drs seemed well overpowered at this circuit, so whatever overtaking there was wasn’t exciting.

13. JackySteeg (@jackysteeg) said on 3rd November 2013, 14:49

Tremendously dreary up front, as is often the case these days. There was some reasonable entertainment further down so I wouldn’t call it a total yawner, but still, no better than a 5/10. And even then I feel I’m being generous.

14. TMF (@tmf42) said on 3rd November 2013, 14:49

6/10 boring – but great to see history being made. Stewards are a bit of a joke now how inconsistent they are with track limits

1 2 3 6