Daniil Kvyat has completed the necessary running to gain an F1 superlicence ahead of his planned practice appearances at the final two races of the season.
Kvyat logged 102 laps of the Misano circuit in Italy – over 400 kilometres – in a 2011-spec Toro Rosso STR6 on Friday. He therefore qualifies for a superlicence which he requires to make his planned debut for the team next year.
The 19-year-old will also participate in the first practice session at the Circuit of the Americas on Friday, driving Jean-Eric Vergne’s car. He will take Daniel Ricciardo’s place in first practice at the season finale in Brazil the week after.
Kvyat won the GP3 championship during the Abu Dhabi race weekend.
2013 F1 season
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
- Schumacher’s condition “slightly improved” after second operation
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty