Rate the race: 2013 United States Grand Prix

2013 United States Grand Prix

Sergio Perez, McLaren, Circuit of the Americas, 2013What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the United States Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 United States Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (5%)
  • 2 (5%)
  • 3 (7%)
  • 4 (11%)
  • 5 (21%)
  • 6 (23%)
  • 7 (17%)
  • 8 (7%)
  • 9 (1%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 608

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2013 United States Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 United States Grand Prix articles

Image ?? McLaren/Hoch Zwei

224 comments on Rate the race: 2013 United States Grand Prix

1. Back in my hotel room in Austin before flying home to the UK tomorrow.
    Pretty boring race. Only a two from me.
    Ferrari race was the best of the day, and that ran for half of the laps behind the Safety Car!!

2. I recorded the race this morning, but from what I have heard, I should just delete the recording, yet another minute, or ‘country mile’ win from Vettel, as Crofty says. It gets a little boring when the same person is winning over and over and over again. So a little dissapointed

3. Brian (@bforth) said on 18th November 2013, 0:22

I actually got a kick out of this one. Bottas overtaking Gutierrez on the switchback and Button doing the same later, frequent wheel-to-wheel racing at the end of the straight, a strong battle between Grosjean and Webber, and Hulk and Alonso.
    Sure, the fight for first was dull, but that shouldn’t surprise anyone. The Red Bull is over-developed and Vettel is driving like a mad man. Given all the action on track, I can live with that. 8 of 10.

4. George (@george) said on 18th November 2013, 0:34

Wow, surprised to see such low votes, normally I choose the most popular option but I gave this one an 8. Great battles through the pack, some brilliant overtakes and wheel to wheel dicing, and an exciting finish with the battles for 2nd and 5th.

The only downsides I can think of are that there was no battle for the lead and the DRS zone on the back straight was slightly too long.

5. tmax (@tmax) said on 18th November 2013, 0:37

well. the interesting or rather disturbing thing about the race was the gap between the cars. Most of the time the cars had a 1 to 2 seconds gap between each other. Even if some one other than Vettel had won this race it will be as boring as it was today. I find that this race track is completely a procession race. With the tire choice being ultra conservative, the entire race became highly predictable. The only thing that went unpredictable was that Vettel did not get to his grand chelem when Grosjean stopped 2 laps later than Vettel.

This race did not do any justice to the race fans in the US. If FIA is serious about making F1 popular in US there should be serious changes to probably some elements of the track or there should be more variables with tire choices to make it interesting. With very less possibility of rain at this time of the year in Austin, the race could be same next year too. The only events that made last year’s race better than 2013 was the Gear Box tampering of Massa and the brief wheel to wheel DRS racing between Vettel and Hamilton for a couple of laps.

Interestingly enough Jimmie Johnson won the 6th NASCAR championship today but I never felt the race was monotonous like F1.

6. JackySteeg (@jackysteeg) said on 18th November 2013, 0:53

I’ve seen much worse races, but I’d never watch this one again. It just never got my heart racing. Even though Vettel’s streak is impressive, I can’t see why this contributes to the entertainment value. After all, anyone who hasn’t been living on Mars could’ve predicted that Vettel would win today.

5/10

7. Nick (@npf1) said on 18th November 2013, 1:16

I voted a 5. While I gave the same to Abu Dhabi, it’s for other reasons. I didn’t mind the tyres that much and DRS only gave us one or two dull passes (Rosberg being involved in the last 10 laps or so and another I’ve forgotten), but in general, it reminded me of races we had a decade ago, especially before the pitstops. The field on a string, nobody overtaking, the lead 3 or 4 cars 10 seconds ahead of the next group, then another 10 seconds to the midfielders and another 20 seconds to the backmarkers.

Probably done little to create excitement for US fans, too, but that’s not included in the rating. It’s just a dull affair, regardless of Vettel’s world class driving, Grosjean’s coming of age drives, some decent overtaking and virtually no tyre or DRS frustration, I wasn’t excited for a second.

8. Jono (@me262) said on 18th November 2013, 1:35

didnt watch it. dosent seem as if I missed much. time well spent sleeping is a 10

9. boring. I was in Grandstand 15 and actually felt like having a snooze. Except for the 4-abreast pass around lap53 (gotta check the replay) which happened right in front of me between turn 15 and 16. Three guys overtaking and one poor guy wondering *** that train was that passed him. Then back to boredom.

10. Ben (@scuderia29) said on 18th November 2013, 2:42

i fell asleep -_- so not fair for me to leave a rating really, but from what i did see it was awful, not interested in watching a replay

11. Akshay (@hamilfan) said on 18th November 2013, 3:39

I was staying up just to watch the race as I am an f1 fanatic . But there were times in the middle where I just wanted to sleep badly . Boring tyre conservation while the leader constantly sets flaps . There was some overtaking by Rosberg,Guttierez,Alonso,Button, which actually managed to evoke in me some interest but overall it was as they say it ‘snoozefest’.
    4/10. I am like Maldonando in the sense ” just one more race ” .

12. 5. a boring boring race. but I dont think it would deserve less.
    Grojean did a great job. Kovi was dissapointing, but that was expected. I cant believe the TV coverage hadnt a better angle for the Sutil crash! beautiful track: I really love the circuit, but it was a boring race.

13. Trido (@trido) said on 18th November 2013, 6:48

I am finding the most interesting thing about F1 at the moment are the WAGs. The on track action is beyond dull. Been a fan for over 20 years and seriously starting to consider not bothering. I watched the first 8 laps over my lunch break today and after Vettel had his comfortable lead decided not to bother watching the rest.

14. Glenn (@glennb) said on 18th November 2013, 6:56

Gave it a 2.
    Bottas scored some points and Vettel broke another record.
    Worst GP if the season for me. Monaco was better and Monaco sucks.

15. Anirudh S (@anirudh1992) said on 18th November 2013, 7:26

I switched off the TV after Grosjean’s pitstop. The race seemed very boring. Plus,it was past midnight in India so no point