F1 Opus ‘Bernie Edition’ book has $1m price tag

2013 F1 season

Bernie Ecclestone with the F1 Opus: Bernie editionThe makers of the Formula One Opus are offering a one-off ‘Bernie Edition’ of the book with a price tag of $1 million (?é?ú610,000).

In addition to the book the buyer will receive Paddock Club access to every race on the 2014 F1 calendar plus an “informal meeting” and a “cup of tea” with Bernie Ecclestone at every race.

The publishers are promoting the book as a chance to “get to know the man behind Formula One” and add “at a grand prix venue, to be arranged, you will be invited to a private dinner with Mr Ecclestone”.

The buyer will also be given paddock access as well as entry to the pits along with three guests “during specified periods”. Entry to special F1 events such as the FIA ball will also be included with the book.

The F1 Opus: Bernie Edition is a one-of-a-kind pressing with a silver cover plate bearing the signatures of Ecclestone and the 22 living Formula One drivers’ champions.

If you’re interested in bidding for the book and can stomach a seven-figure guide, price, head to the official site for more information. If your budget is slightly less extravagant than that the 2013 F1 Fanatic Gift Guide is for you.

2013 F1 season

Browse all 2013 F1 season articles

33 comments on F1 Opus ‘Bernie Edition’ book has $1m price tag

1. Sam (@) said on 28th November 2013, 17:46

Let me look under the couch,…

2. matt90 (@matt90) said on 28th November 2013, 17:53

So for every single race meeting they will have to fly from the venue to wherever Bernie is imprisoned, then fly back again? No wonder it’s so expensive, the air miles will be horrific.

3. verstappen (@verstappen) said on 28th November 2013, 17:56

If I had a million, I would bid.
    ‘Skip bloody DRS’
    – ‘We’ve been over this, I can’t’
    ‘Use your power’
    – ‘I have none. It’s all in a trust, so my ex wife runs the show’
    ‘I want more tea’

• Hamilfan (@hamilfan) said on 28th November 2013, 18:08

Let me add to that possible conversation with Bernie:
      ‘When are you retiring’
      -‘When I stop working’
      ‘What are your plans for the future of f1′
      -‘I have laid them all out . I have forgotten them though’

4. Hamilfan (@hamilfan) said on 28th November 2013, 17:59

;-) Epic !

5. I’m not interested unless they can offer me a matching pair. One for the coffee table at home and one for the office.

6. Mike Dee (@mike-dee) said on 28th November 2013, 18:06

Bargain!

7. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 28th November 2013, 18:07

Coming from Bernie, he probably bribbed the buyer, made arrangements to sell it for a further 10 million dollars, and create a company dedicated to keeping the book safe, while appointing himself as CEO.

8. Old Lightnin (@lightnin-hopkins) said on 28th November 2013, 19:00

Off all the ways I can think of to spending $1,000,000… a book never made the list.

9. Excellent! My sister has been asking me for *weeks* what I’d like for Christmas! :D

10. Gridlock (@gridlock) said on 28th November 2013, 19:35

There must be a joke about a Flavio Edition but it’s late and I can’t think of it…

11. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 28th November 2013, 19:40

I’ll try to put into auction a book I’ll create with the signature of the 20-something friends I have :P
    Did I hear 10 Euros? 1, 2, sold!

12. Jack (@jackisthestig) said on 28th November 2013, 20:43

“A cup of tea with Bernie at each race…”

How will that work if he’s in prison?

13. John H (@john-h) said on 28th November 2013, 22:50

Where is the F1Fanatic Amazon link to purchase?

14. caci99 (@caci99) said on 28th November 2013, 23:15

Silly season, isn’t it?

15. Hamish said on 28th November 2013, 23:51

Would make sense to provide the winner with visiting hours for whatever penitentiary he ends up in!