Caption Competition 39: Mark Webber special

Caption Competition

Mark Webber, Red Bull, Interlagos, 2013

The last of our three Mark Webber Caption Competition specials brings us up to his last race weekend at Interlagos.

Webber has always been one of the most quotable drivers and in his final appearance at an FIA press conference it seemed he might be the only driver to quote as he arrived well before the others.

Post your funniest suggestion for a caption below and a pick of the best will appear in a future round-up.

And join in the other two Mark Webber Caption Competitions via the links below.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty

100 comments on Caption Competition 39: Mark Webber special

1. ElBasque (@elbasque) said on 30th November 2013, 20:48

45 minutes after the meeting ended, the remaining journalists started to doubt that Mark is ready to leave F1.

2. Billy Nomates

3. Rocky (@rocky) said on 30th November 2013, 20:55

Not bad fora number two driver hmm make that three and out.

4. MarkM (@mpmark) said on 30th November 2013, 21:22

“I know you’re not going to believe me but I couldn’t tell you what happened to the others, no idea mate, now lets go racing already!”

5. “Okay Mark, Seb won’t hand you a win but loooook….you can pretend you won by sitting in the middle…see” – Horner

6. Robbie said on 30th November 2013, 22:20

MW: “Rather than explain why I’m leaving, I thought I would just show everyone what front and rear wings Adrian was going to fit me with next year….what would YOU do?”

7. Robbie said on 30th November 2013, 22:56

“Just thought I’d show everyone the Porch I’ll be driving next year.”

8. ‘come on it dont smell that bad’

9. mike-e (@mike-e) said on 1st December 2013, 0:58

Mark: “..and im going to make the best start possible”
    Interviewer: ” the race has finished already and everyone has gone home!”

10. Mate let’s get over with this mate.

11. Journo: “what are you doing, Mark?”

Mark: “I’m just waiting for a mate….”

12. Ivan (@wpinrui) said on 1st December 2013, 2:19

Mark Webber shows his superiority as the tallest driver in F1.

13. It’s a miracle that I was the only one whose car didn’t break down. A win is still a win though.

14. Luis Conde said on 1st December 2013, 4:35

“Mr webber? we are closing the circuit now..”

15. Jack (@jackisthestig) said on 1st December 2013, 7:12

Everyone else ducked under the table when they saw that loose ceiling tile!

16. Crackers (@crackers) said on 1st December 2013, 7:20

Seb told me there was going to be a party….

17. Wait, what do you mean the race is about to start… hey, who changed the time on my watch… Sebastian!

18. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 1st December 2013, 8:23

This is the only time I’ve won a race all year.

19. shoes said on 1st December 2013, 8:48

The ‘ speak your heart ‘ suit for f1 drivers debuting next season ;)

20. Mads (@mads) said on 1st December 2013, 8:57

While Mark hasn’t been regarded as the fastest driver, the rumour in the paddock is that he is a real speed demon in the race to the press conference.