“A working group will be established within the coming days comprising the FIA, representatives of the commercial rights holder and team representatives,” said the FIA in a statement.
“The objective of the working group will be to have regulations approved by the end of June 2014.”
Formula One has made several attempts at reducing spending in recent years through rules changes and the Resource Restriction Agreement.
2015 F1 season
- Mercedes confirm Rosberg contract extension
- FIA confirms 2015 rules including standing restarts
- Too many teams “throw money” at F1 – Haas
- Haas want ‘experienced driver plus young American’
- Haas to base new F1 team in America
Image © Red Bull/Getty